Scrubs or Suit?

Started by CaesarRO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What do you wear for your typical clinic days?


  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wear bowties sometimes. I started doing so because I did med school in an area of the country where bowties in medicine are more common, and this was very different than my experience growing up. I thought it was interesting and just started doing it because I could.

It was only much later that I discovered there's a penchant for older RadOncs to do it, which I have no explanation for.
I do think it's geographic in part. In Southern California or out west in more rural areas, I might think you a little strange for wearing a tie, but especially for a bow tie. Is it more common elsewhere?
 
Clinic: Scrubs are fine I guess, but I tend to wear business casual.
Scrubs: If they're anything other than the hospital-provided ones I assume you're either a rep or a nurse.
Bowties: Only after 6pm.
 
I'm full scrubs since Covid, it's been great but as someone said watch out for the weight creep
Used to be dress shirt and slacks +/- tie but the laundry situation was annoying
Plus we touch a lot of gross things even without procedures and I tend to spill food/drink on myself

The bowtie hate here is hilarious, I would occasionally wear them (in the south)
Harder now to keep my bow tie and half-Windsor skills up though

Question for my fellow scrub wearers - name monogrammed on scrubs yay or nay? It seems a bit try-hard to me but I'm sure my patients would appreciate it

Nay, but fully support people wearing their style in medicine. It's a good thing.

I hope people are buying Figs or something nice. Once I bought them I couldnt believe how much better they were than hospital scrubs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scrubs 10 years ago, Scrubs today, Scrubs for Lyfe.

#ScrubsorGTFO
1681517712556.gif