SCUTWORK.COM Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elkchaser

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are reading this and have interviewed this past season, please take the time to review at least 1-2 Path programs at which you interviewed on Scutwork.com. If everyone that frequents this site reviews a couple of programs, there will be a lot more info for those of us interviewing next year. I'd particularly like to know which programs really surprised you, good or bad. Thanks. :luck: :D :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

elkchaser said:
If you are reading this and have interviewed this past season, please take the time to review at least 1-2 Path programs at which you interviewed on Scutwork.com. If everyone that frequents this site reviews a couple of programs, there will be a lot more info for those of us interviewing next year. I'd particularly like to know which programs really surprised you, good or bad. Thanks. :luck: :D :luck:
We've made appeals in the past for people to post on Scutwork. I've done my part by posting about my home program and will certainly post about my new program (whatever that will be) as soon as I can. As for posting about programs based on interviews, I think we came to the consensus that we probably wouldn't know enough about a program to be able to review it fully and fairly. But if you take a look at the interview experiences thread, a lot of us gave our thoughts on different programs.
Good luck!

I agree that we may not know enough from one interview day; however, when interviewing we are honing in on certain aspects of a program that a resident may not even think about anymore. So it would be helpful to have some reviews in which specific characteristics relevant to an applicant are covered.

Timing is an issue though: I immediately posted a review of a program I didn't like. But the programs I LOVED did not get a review because I didn't want the people I am competing with to know how wonderful they are. Yeah, I gotta little bitta gunner in me, okay? Or maybe I'm just being practical. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
stormjen said:
Timing is an issue though: I immediately posted a review of a program I didn't like. But the programs I LOVED did not get a review because I didn't want the people I am competing with to know how wonderful they are. Yeah, I gotta little bitta gunner in me, okay? Or maybe I'm just being practical. :rolleyes:
:eek: Stormjen! I'm disappointed.

cytoborg said:
:eek: Stormjen! I'm disappointed.
A gunner would actually post negative information about a program he/she liked to draw competition AWAY from that place.

Or maybe those were her negative reviews. Hmm...

violent-smiley-006.gif