Mystique

The Procrastinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The addiction wears off w/ time...;) I can finally stop going to those SDNaholics Annonymous meetings. :)

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by ThingAMaJig
The addiction wears off w/ time...;) I can finally stop going to those SDNaholics Annonymous meetings. :)

Don't listen to Thingamajig, she may have cut back on her forum checking but she is still a chataholic. I reccomend trying my 2 step program to SDN rehabilitation.

Step 1, send me a check or money order for 200$

Step 2, send me your CPU

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
Miramar, FL
Visit site
Status
  1. Attending Physician

You wish girl!!:p Then again, I can't talk, since I still check daily and I already started medical school!!!!!:D But, at least I've count down on posting.;)

Dr. Will

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2002
Houston, TX
Visit site
Status
  1. Attending Physician

Yeah it wears off, but then you get broadband internet connection. You're posting frequency doubles! Man it's like a cocaine addict let loose in the fields of Columbia!

Epi

Fuzzy Tiger
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2001
Calvin's house
Status
  1. Attending Physician
they should make a patch to help people cure their addiction of SDN.

don't you think??

Curci

The Master Chief
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
I'm also addicted to this place, and I just found out about it... three days ago. In fact, I'm beyond addicted. I'm to the point where I'm reading and writing posts here instead of filling out secondaries! D'oh! :oops:

Hero

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
it's most addictive when you are applying b/c you are constantly checking on what people have to say about your schools of interest.

After the application process, the addiction is much less and the only incentive to come back your buddies of SDN :)

About the Ads

JmE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
OH
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Hero
it's most addictive when you are applying b/c you are constantly checking on what people have to say about your schools of interest.

After the application process, the addiction is much less and the only incentive to come back your buddies of SDN :)

Unfortunately, I really didn't start using SDN until after my application "experience". For me, it helps alleviate the nervousness before matriculation to med school in about two weeks. :cool:

-JmE-

CaNEM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
Status
Originally posted by scienceriot
I taped the photo to the application. And I did it without SDN!

No way! Staple! Definitely the way to go! What's wrong with you?

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
A stone's throw from Central Park
Status
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by CaNEM

No way! Staple! Definitely the way to go! What's wrong with you?

hey, where the hell am i supposed to get a stapler? as long as I tape neatly, it shouldn't make a difference. ;)

C

CyclinE

i think taping looks better. just curious, is anyone submitting extra photos of themselves? i think some applications allow this.

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
Limbo
Visit site
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by SMW
OK, all you addicts, you've gotta read this. :laugh:

:clap: Yeah! And it's all true! :laugh:

I almost posted the other day when I almost had a heart attack after getting a letter from Temple U--the Podiatric School. And I check for updates every few hours...:laugh:

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
Put the tape over or under the writing. It's probably just a safety measure so in case the photo falls off, they can reattach it to your app.

jalan2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Status
This website TOTALLY takes away my time from my application and my sleep... It's so darn addictive!!!

Maybe it's because I don't know a lot of premeds otherwise... It's nice to see what's going on, you know?

samyjay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
  1. Medical Student
Just wanted to bump this since i am truely addicted now that things are in full gear. I check this more than email, since at least messages are posted here every few minutes. ahhh!

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
God, it was terrible when SDN was down for so long -- was it all day yesterday? It seemed like it. I got so much done, but it was an altogether terrible day! :oops:

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads