SDN addiction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mvervaine

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is anyone else addicted to this site and check it every oh-about-four-minutes or am i the only one?

Members don't see this ad.

I am too... I hope to go "cold turkey" very, very soon.

-JmE-

I recently found this site, and I check it quite often too. :) It is pretty addicting....

Members don't see this ad :)
The addiction wears off w/ time...;) I can finally stop going to those SDNaholics Annonymous meetings. :)

Originally posted by ThingAMaJig
The addiction wears off w/ time...;) I can finally stop going to those SDNaholics Annonymous meetings. :)

Don't listen to Thingamajig, she may have cut back on her forum checking but she is still a chataholic. I reccomend trying my 2 step program to SDN rehabilitation.

Step 1, send me a check or money order for 200$

Step 2, send me your CPU

You wish girl!!:p Then again, I can't talk, since I still check daily and I already started medical school!!!!!:D But, at least I've count down on posting.;)

Yeah it wears off, but then you get broadband internet connection. You're posting frequency doubles! Man it's like a cocaine addict let loose in the fields of Columbia!

they should make a patch to help people cure their addiction of SDN.

don't you think??

i've discovered that my sdn addiction is directly proportional to the length of the essay i'm writing.

I'm also addicted to this place, and I just found out about it... three days ago. In fact, I'm beyond addicted. I'm to the point where I'm reading and writing posts here instead of filling out secondaries! D'oh! :oops:

it's most addictive when you are applying b/c you are constantly checking on what people have to say about your schools of interest.

After the application process, the addiction is much less and the only incentive to come back your buddies of SDN :)

Originally posted by Epi
they should make a patch to help people cure their addiction of SDN.

don't you think??
No, I don't think so. we'd all need medication, like Wellbutrin or something.....;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, i'm addicted too! And I have a broadband internet connection which doesn't help! :D :p

Originally posted by Hero
it's most addictive when you are applying b/c you are constantly checking on what people have to say about your schools of interest.

After the application process, the addiction is much less and the only incentive to come back your buddies of SDN :)

Unfortunately, I really didn't start using SDN until after my application "experience". For me, it helps alleviate the nervousness before matriculation to med school in about two weeks. :cool:

-JmE-

Originally posted by scienceriot
I taped the photo to the application. And I did it without SDN!

No way! Staple! Definitely the way to go! What's wrong with you?

Originally posted by CaNEM

No way! Staple! Definitely the way to go! What's wrong with you?

hey, where the hell am i supposed to get a stapler? as long as I tape neatly, it shouldn't make a difference. ;)

once every couple of minutes? damn it you guys you're more exciting than that aren't you? wow, i thought my once a day habit was bad.

i think taping looks better. just curious, is anyone submitting extra photos of themselves? i think some applications allow this.

OK, all you addicts, you've gotta read this. :laugh:

Originally posted by SMW
OK, all you addicts, you've gotta read this. :laugh:

:clap: Yeah! And it's all true! :laugh:

I almost posted the other day when I almost had a heart attack after getting a letter from Temple U--the Podiatric School. And I check for updates every few hours...:laugh:

btw, I think tape is the way to go. Double-sided tape, that is.:)

Originally posted by SMW
btw, I think tape is the way to go. Double-sided tape, that is.:)

What if u have to write on the back?

Put the tape over or under the writing. It's probably just a safety measure so in case the photo falls off, they can reattach it to your app.

u guys should check out the addiction thread that's going on in the lounge. much funnier than this one :)

Originally posted by dr kevin40
u guys should check out the addiction thread that's going on in the lounge. much funnier than this one :)

That's why SMW linked that thread earlier in this one. Thanks though.

This website TOTALLY takes away my time from my application and my sleep... It's so darn addictive!!!

Maybe it's because I don't know a lot of premeds otherwise... It's nice to see what's going on, you know?

Just wanted to bump this since i am truely addicted now that things are in full gear. I check this more than email, since at least messages are posted here every few minutes. ahhh!

God, it was terrible when SDN was down for so long -- was it all day yesterday? It seemed like it. I got so much done, but it was an altogether terrible day! :oops: