SDN Charting the Outcomes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted547339

Hey everybody,
As charting the outcomes is not longer doing statistics on match (which is a shame), I was wondering if the current MS4s would be interested in doing an anonymous SDN-based charting the outcomes? Obviously, there would be self-reporting and selection bias, but I still think it could be useful if enough people participated and people were honest (since it would be anonymous, I would hope people wouldn't be motivated to lie about their stats).

What I would be interested in would be the same stats as originally published Charting the Match:Step 1, Step 2, AOA, Top 40 med school, number of pubs, number of externships, grades on externships, number of interviews, number of programs ranked, number at which you matched. I would collect data in the week or two following match.

Let me know what you think and if you would be willing to participate.

Good luck in the match.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it's a great idea. It'll be very interesting to see how things like step scores influence not only if you marched but how highly on your list. My only hesitation would be the selection bias you mentioned.

SDN (as it seems) has a disproportionate number of people at the upper end of the spectrum which could really end up freaking some people out who may not be totally accustomed to the site.

Regardless - count me in!

I think it's a great idea. It'll be very interesting to see how things like step scores influence not only if you marched but how highly on your list. My only hesitation would be the selection bias you mentioned.

SDN (as it seems) has a disproportionate number of people at the upper end of the spectrum which could really end up freaking some people out who may not be totally accustomed to the site.

Regardless - count me in!
Don't worry, I can definitely sway the average away from the upper end ;):thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll start. Step 1: 270+ Step 2: 270+ #1 in class, AOA. Applied 103 places, offered interviews at 102 (all but In-N-Out Burger), went on 98 interviews. Am doing residencies concurrently at Vandy, Carolinas, Harvard, and Cook County.

These stats are all completely true and should immediately be added to charting the outcomes.