SDN is my therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MAnne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, I've been having a rough few weeks. From a Botany professor telling me I plagiarized a paper (which I thought I kicked ass on), telling me he was concerned about me going into medicine to flunking a Chem 2 exam and probably another today...I am soooo happy I came on tonight to read this thread. I am 35, married with 2 boys, 8 and 15, a supportive but sometimes cranky overworked husband (okay I guess I am too). I work as a makeup artist and hairstylist (which I love and will continue to help fund my education) and volunteer as an EMT on top of going to school full-time. I have been wanting to quit because I have been feeling stupid and inadequate. Reading the above posts is so amazing to see the opportunities. There is so much negativity out there and it consumes me occasionally, despite the indestructibility (as a fellow classmate described me) I put out there. You guys are my idols!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Moved to its own thread per the instructions at the top of the success stories thread.

Good luck in your journey to med school! Hang in there! :thumbup:

Cool! Thanks for making this a thread! Trying to study for Chem 2 Final and needed an SDN fix :) Let's keep it going guys! We can do this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I've been having a rough few weeks. From a Botany professor telling me I plagiarized a paper (which I thought I kicked ass on), telling me he was concerned about me going into medicine to flunking a Chem 2 exam and probably another today...I am soooo happy I came on tonight to read this thread. I am 35, married with 2 boys, 8 and 15, a supportive but sometimes cranky overworked husband (okay I guess I am too). I work as a makeup artist and hairstylist (which I love and will continue to help fund my education) and volunteer as an EMT on top of going to school full-time. I have been wanting to quit because I have been feeling stupid and inadequate. Reading the above posts is so amazing to see the opportunities. There is so much negativity out there and it consumes me occasionally, despite the indestructibility (as a fellow classmate described me) I put out there. You guys are my idols!!!

"Wow," you're crazy - in a good way!
You're doing a lot and that's amazing... keep up the good work! :)

I don't like to be monotonous and I get bored very quickly :D Thanks for the support!