SDN - love & hate relationship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFreshMeat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized since I got on this site I've been spending a decent chunk of time on this website...Its going to be years until I apply to medical school but for some reason I keep going on this site reading threads...

I absolutely love SDN don't get me wrong, but Im trying to cut back the time I spend on these forums and actually enjoy college before its gone. I learned so much from these forums and all the experienced members and the info definitely is helping me plan out my next few years of college. However, my question is how SDN is too much SDN? In other words, how much time do you guys spend on these forums?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are at the point where you're asking yourself "am I on SDN too much?"... then you are probably on SDN too much. We've all been there bro. Take 2-3 days off.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a current applicant, SDN can be awesome in all the information out there and terrible if you start comparing yourself to others. There's a lot of self-destructive neuroticism here, but also people who love to help and give sound advice.

There can never be too much SDN. ;)

supernatural-agree.gif

I load it up at least once an hour for a small (<5 minute) break when studying.

Just don't take it too seriously and you'll be fine. You are, after all the one who controls this.

I realized since I got on this site I've been spending a decent chunk of time on this website...Its going to be years until I apply to medical school but for some reason I keep going on this site reading threads...

I absolutely love SDN don't get me wrong, but Im trying to cut back the time I spend on these forums and actually enjoy college before its gone. I learned so much from these forums and all the experienced members and the info definitely is helping me plan out my next few years of college. However, my question is how SDN is too much SDN? In other words, how much time do you guys spend on these forums?

SDN is awesome (proof: my post count :oops: :whistle:)

You have 37 posts since August dude. According to my profile stats I make that many posts every 1.5 weeks.

...I don't have a problem. I can quit whenever I want. Really. Stop looking at me like that.

SDN - Standard Drama of over-achieving insecure Nerds

Does there even exist a more relevant website?

i dont really post - i read. But still agent b, you have 11,728 posts in little over a year

that's crazy

i dont really post - i read. But still agent b, you have 11,728 posts in little over a year

that's crazy

I post a lot in class threads, social thread, joke thread and other similar threads. So, subtracting all that out, it's 4,500 posts in normal preallo threads. Still a lot, but :shrug:

you need to go outside for a bit
you're putting up medpr numbers

I'm working on it. I started posting less frequently for a while now.

^ No one is judging you, but that is just obscenely ridiculous.

Who cares? Most people out age kill more time on Facebook, Instagram, watching TV, or texting nonstop. At least I occasionally learn something useful on SDN.

True, but I remember using a lot of that time to sleep, go to class, write another dreadful lab report, study for some exam, volunteer somewhere, or do clinical research.

Plus, how's he/she going to deal with the higher stress levels when studying for the MCAT comes or completing secondary applications?

True, but I remember using a lot of that time to sleep, go to class, write another dreadful lab report, study for some exam, volunteer somewhere, or do clinical research.

Plus, how's he/she going to deal with the higher stress levels when studying for the MCAT comes or completing secondary applications?

I actually think having less time to spend on various tedious activities such as studying makes me much more efficient at them.

I hang out here enough that i hope my dean doesn't know how much I do! But one can only write so many manuscripts or prepare lecture plans. I really enjoy helping out future doctors.