Compilation SDN Medical School Resources and Ask Me Anything (AMA) Threads

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
The following resources and guides are generously provided by medical students, residents, fellows, attendings and faculty to help students in their journey to become physicians. This compilation will be regularly updated with new resources.

SDN Advisor Guides and Insights

Thanks to @Goro @mimelim @Law2Doc @Tenk @ProfMD @group_theory @operaman @Crayola227 @OrthoTraumaMD @sloop for taking the time to guide students in their medical journey.
Medical Education Resources

Guides and Reflections

Thanks to @Ismet @Lev0phed @KLS93 @Ravizzle @Domperidone @Frazier @EarthtoneJon @positivemd @xoggyux @FindersFee5 @UNMedGa @Anti-PD1 @ajh1983 @Split Infinity @Syncrohnize @coffeelvr0210 @beezybuttermilk @Apoplexy__ @CougarMD @Snoopy2006 @IMreshopeful @meliora27 @JustPlainBill @Hangry @mpnyc @fullmetal @shockwavelithotripsy @Distant @RadsGuy for providing useful resources and insights.
Step 1 Resources
Clinical Rotations Resources
Step 2 Resources
Specialty-Specific Resources

Thanks to @RadsGuy for providing career advice and discussions for radiology.
Clinical Cases and Discussions

sozme's Intern/Night Float Cases

Thanks to @sozme for offering insightful case studies.
Science Discussions

Additional science discussions can be found below. Thanks to residents, fellows and attendings on SDN for sharing their insights. Credit especially given to @Raryn @jdh71 for helping out with detailed suggestions.
Stories, Entertainment and Miscellaneous Discussions

Thanks to @HomeSkool @Doctor-S @Lev0phed @Bobdabuilda14 @cbrons @SawBones for the stories and entertaining discussions.
I hope you find this useful! I will continue updating this thread with more resources.

Last edited:
OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat
Ask Me Anything (AMA) Threads

Below is a list of medical Ask Me Anything (AMA) threads sorted by start date.
If you have additional threads to suggest, please post them below and they will be added to the list. Your post will be deleted once the directory is updated. Thanks to all our members who have contributed AMAs to our community!

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Very nice compilation!

I think it'd be good to include a guide on how to choose a study pathway --- lecture-based vs. PBL. This is one of the most important decisions a student has to make before matriculating (if the school offers both pathways).

Reactions: mybluedog

libertyyne

2+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I dont think mimelim is talking about research efficiency in that post. Rather is talking about the nuance of quality of research and importance of knowing your research when interviewing for residency.

OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
tot chat

Chromium Surfer

2+ Year Member
May 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
look up some posts from @operaman. He is a really insightful guy who shares wisdom about medical school and beyond. Also props to you for doing something like this for Lawper. Hope med school is going well! :)

Raryn

Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Reactions: Scrubs101 and Goro
OP
Lawper

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor