Sdn members and mcat forum moderators - please read!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschool31

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pre-Meds, MCAT Study-ers, and Forum Moderators,

AVOID THE FREE ON-LINE MCAT PEARLS WEBSITE AT ALL COSTS!!!! As one studying for the MCAT, I loved using MCAT Pearls as one of my study materials. However, I noticed that my anti-virus started alerting me when I would go to the website. Then, one day I went to the site and my antivirus caused my computer to abort access, citing a Trojan Horse Virus!:eek: I thought I did something wrong or the site codes were recently updated and changed differently from how I had it bookmarked on my computer. Why would a medical exam site be infected with a Trojan Horse Virus :confused:? So, my boyfriend tried to go to the site and the same notice happened to him. Fortunately, he is savvy on computers, and he tried to go around his antivirus to investigate and it FRIED HIS COMPUTER :eek: (Yes, he was able to fix it)! So, STAY AWAY FROM THE SITE!!!!!! :mad: The last thing I would want is for someone who doesn't have an antivirus or for a person who relies on their computer for other things to lose it over this. I think someone may have infected the site on purpose :mad:. So, if you really want MCAT Pearls, it may be best to just go buy the book and spare yourself the headache and fees of dealing with a sick computer.

Regards,
medschool31

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thank you for the alert and this is an important topic that should be discussed more extensively. MCAT Pearls is an online free website that provides review material for the mcat. This website has been down for more than a year now and are only selling printed copies to whomever is willing to pay for it. However, a common practice for hackers have been to replicate the outlook of a popular site and fill it with malicious viruses and spyware. Always make sure you are entering sites with the correct url. Most times a link will be disguised with a different hyperlink such as the following: www.bloodysurgeon.com. Try clicking on the link, you will find out that it will just take you back to our website. Some of these websites have been caught from our SDN staff, examkrackerforum.com comes to mind, but others still prowl on the lose. I would not go so far onto accussing MCAT Pearls, however, buying the printing copy instead of finding broken links to the material does seem like a better idea.