SDN Terminology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I'm a newer member, maybe something like this was strarted before, and I apologize for repeats. A number of folks have been asking about the SDN lingo lately, so it might be helpful to start a dictionary of sorts. Just add to the list the word, acronym, or phrase of interest with a little description.

SDN Vocabulary:

BUMP - command that bumps a topic (that has been buried or has not been replied to) back to the top of the forum

M1 (2,3,4) - refers to medical student in his/her first, second, third or fourth years, respectively

ECs - extracurriculars

adcom - admissions committees

IMO/IMHO: In my opinion/In my humble opinion

Members don't see this ad.

Haha... thanks for the info, but it's a little too late... it took me a long time to figure out what "bump" meant... yes I am a little (a lot actually) slow...

Members don't see this ad :)
whenever i saw BUMP for the first time i was confused but after i saw it over and over and thought about it...thoughts of volleyball just came up in my mind and im all....

oh...it goes back up to the top like a volleyball hahaha....

yeah i would think bump would be the hardest thing to pick up for newbies....

My bad for this being a bit late. Maybe two or three SDN peeps will see it and pick up some information. It won't be a total loss.

I'm shutting this baby down.

BUMP means Bring Up My Post!

what about "trolls/trolling"?
That one took me a while to understand until Squat and Squeeze showed up ;)