Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SDNFeedback

Student Doctor Network is looking for what our users would like to see in improvements on our site. With the monies from donations this year, SDN has been able to upgrade the servers and is currently in process of updating the database server. We are working to improve SDN and respond to what resources the majority of our users wish to utilize (and of course make SDN more stable so there is no more crashing!)

In response to user requests, this year SDN has already implemented these changes:

• revamped its forums with the addition and reorganization of various forums and sub-forums,
• added the SDN bookstore, SDN store, and upgraded donor privileges to raise money for SDN,
• updated interview feedback forum,
• as well as added more partners in order to serve our users and provide them with the latest and greatest information on various fields (Such as McGill Journal of Medicine, painrounds.com, eyeorbit.org, d aMD-MBA.org)
• and much, much more!​

So we are now requesting what YOU, as the user, to provide us with feedback and suggestions on what you would like to have in terms upgrades of features and format changes. Our goal is to have people from all walks of life contribute to SDN and help us to create an invaluable resource for pre-professional health programs through graduate school, practice specialties and beyond.

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status
Other Health Professions Student
A way to rate our fellow members, so that newbies can instantly tell the level of regard we hold for one another (i.e., who to listen to and who is totally full of it).

lattimer13

good boy!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2002
Pacific NW
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Praetorian said:
A way to rate our fellow members, so that newbies can instantly tell the level of regard we hold for one another (i.e., who to listen to and who is totally full of it).
i think they tried that before and was met with mixed reviews.

Hawk22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2004
North Carolina
Status
A return of the "Search Function" would be really nice.

OP
S

SDNFeedback

If you have any suggestions, please submit them ASAP!!

ErGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2005
Status
Medical Student
SDNFeedback said:
If you have any suggestions, please submit them ASAP!!
Agree with the search -- I find it hard to search individual forums and somehow get results from all forums.

OP
S

SDNFeedback

Search will be back and you can search individual forums (or pick which ones you want to search) under the "ADVANCED SEARCH OPTION" when you click on search on the toolbar.

FoughtFyr

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
Status
Post Doc
lattimer13 said:
i think they tried that before and was met with mixed reviews.
Yeah but I think it could still be done if the "reviewers" were carefully selected (like a subgroup of moderators) or if only moderators could give or take away "points".

- H

USCDiver

Percocet-R-US
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2003
Greensboro,NC
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Praetorian said:
Perhaps a EM subforum for wilderness medicine?
Do we really have so many Wilderness threads to justify a subforum? What are we, Internal Medicine with the constant subspecialization? I could see a 'triage nurse' troll forum or a 'interviews offered' forum or even a 'stupid patient' forum, but not Wilderness Med.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status
Attending Physician
Thanks for all of the feedback. The volunteers at SDN are reviewing all of the suggestions we've received.

Status
Not open for further replies.