sdn vocabulary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lentilsmom

stressy and depressy
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what WW is? I keep seeing games and threads on here but don't understand what it is. help :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
It's a fun social deduction game called Werewolf! You might have also heard it referred to as Mafia.

Reactions: 6 users
You should play with us sometime! It's lots of fun!

We have games going pretty much always (and they come with a spectator chat, if you want to hang out and watch and ask questions but not dive right into playing), but we also have a noob-specific game in the winter.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is a fun mystery type game. You have to figure out who are the wolves killing off the villagers or if you are a wolf, you have to try to kill off the villagers without getting caught. That's a very simplistic explanation.

I know they toss out noob games occasionally so those are always good ones to get your feet wet in.

What's cool is I think a lot of last year's noob may now be full mentor status this year? What where the game number cut-offs again?

Might be time to start recruiting noobs...

What's cool is I think a lot of last year's noob may now be full mentor status this year? What where the game number cut-offs again?

The cutoff last time was like 15 I think

IIRC the cutoff for manatoring was 15 games (or more), but Sporty's in charge this time so numbers may change.

A bunch of people in my class have hit that number. I haven't. I'm only at 10 :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
IIRC the cutoff for manatoring was 15 games (or more), but Sporty's in charge this time so numbers may change.

A bunch of people in my class have hit that number. I haven't. I'm only at 10 :(
I'd only played twelve games when I modded the Dark Circus noob game... :laugh:

But I very quickly learned I liked modding more than playing, so prob had modded or co modded the same number.

Last edited:
I'd only played twelve games when I modded the Dark Circus noob game... :laugh:

But I very quickly learned I liked modding more than playing.
I LOVE modding. Playing is fine too, but erryone's mad at me right now :rofl:.

It's warranted. Also, erryone minus AM. Edit: and Cray

Last edited:
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone explain to me what WW is? I keep seeing games and threads on here but don't understand what it is. help :cryi:
Some descriptions/info from the sign up thread for last year's noob game

Reactions: 3 users
It is a fun party game that was invented by I don't know who but introduced to SDN by a super cool guy many years ago and to whom songs will be sung and statues built in perpetuity

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
It is a fun party game that was invented by I don't know who but introduced to SDN by a super cool guy many years ago and to whom songs will be sung and statues built in perpetuity
Like I said

A cult

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad

The cutoff can change depending on the mod. It was 10 games I think two years ago when I was in noob game. BC and I weren't able to manator last year because we were at 12 or 13 games sadly.

Are you counting the games that you modded in your game number?

Reactions: 1 user
I've been meaning to try that for a while! What I haven't figured out is, do you guys do it on a real-time chat channel, or it's literally SDN forum discussion for every game?

Reactions: 1 user
The cutoff can change depending on the mod. It was 10 games I think two years ago when I was in noob game. BC and I weren't able to manator last year because we were at 12 or 13 games sadly.

Are you counting the games that you modded in your game number?
No, should I?

that too but genny pls i'm also hoping for more new manator-manatee pairs :bag::sorry:
i'm just saying that the game is pretty confusing even for people who have played multiple times, so if new players are the kind of people who like internet arguments with strangers about meaningless stuff, then why wait? just start slinging wild accusations of wolfiness!

• Haha
I've been meaning to try that for a while! What I haven't figured out is, do you guys do it on a real-time chat channel, or it's literally SDN forum discussion for every game?
I believe there's an active discord for other games and stuff, I don't see why this couldn't happen :thinking:
@Animal Midwife

Last edited:
No, should I?
I kinda hope they don't for the noob game. Because the idea of manators is that they can teach new players how to play, it helps if they've played enough games firsthand not just modded in order to teach strategy. Kind of depends on how closely one read the thread and PMs as well for how much a mod learns about gameplay from modding, too. And as we know, forms of spectating is never really the same for learning to play as actually playing is.

And it helps not to put the bar for being a manator so low that we don't have enough players between the padawans (eligible to play) and the incoming noob class, to have a full enough game of less experienced players.

Reactions: 1 users
I kinda hope they don't for the noob game. Because the idea of manators is that they can teach new players how to play, it helps if they've played enough games firsthand not just modded in order to teach strategy. Kind of depends on how closely one read the thread and PMs as well for how much a mod learns about gameplay from modding, too. And as we know, forms of spectating is never really the same for learning to play as actually playing is.

And it helps not to put the bar for being a manator so low that we don't have enough players between the padawans (eligible to play) and the incoming noob class, to have a full enough game of less experienced players.
Well theoretically I'm one of the mods so I wouldn't be padawaning even if eligible with # of games. I think I was only going to step back from being useless comod and try to manator if I could recruit one or two of my vet school friends to play. But they seem less interested now than when I first brought it up :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users