SDPT Note taking Tips/Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrittneyDPT23

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

This is for upcoming / current / graduated DPT students:

I am starting DPT in mid-May (hopefully still in-person) and I was wondering what device works best for lecture note taking? A lot of people from other medical programs and even during undergrad use a tablet or ipad with note taking apps. I currently have an old Macbook Pro and it is currently running much slower, the memory is almost full, and is physically heavier than I would like. I was looking into possibly getting a Windows Surface, so I can have both the tablet & laptop feature, with it being light.

What works for everyone else? Any recommendations? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Brittney!!

That's so awesome you're starting PT school! You are literally going to be sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day, listening to lectures. I would recommend you save your money since you honestly won't be super mobile during PT school (lol). It's literally class and then studying. I used my old macbook that was 8 years old at that time. I documented all my lectures as bullet points on google drive. It helped tremendously to study on the go!

Save your money for paying that over priced tuition and stick with your macbook. I'm 3 years out and still trying to pay off 70k of my loans (Started at 130k). Not worth building up more expenses. Using google drive won't take up much memory on your laptop anyways.

Hope this helped! Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to support a future DPT.

Reactions: 2 users