SDSU acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopeful1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who got accepted and are you committing or declining? Post your stats if you want too!

Members don't see this ad.

I got in! Still trying to make up my mind. It will either be that or CSUN (assuming I get in there). I'm still trying to find out more about the program. It's hard because this is its first year and therefore not any insight from those who have already gone through. But SDSU is a good school, one of the best Cal States, and SDSU's School of Exercise and Nutritional Science is well regarded. Do you have any information on them? I'm going to spend this coming week learning about scholarship opportunities.

Colleges : The University of Montana (undergraduate), Texas A&M (graduate)
Major: BA Political Science, MA International Affairs
Cumulative GPA: 3.55
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 155 V, 156 Q, 4.0 W
Hours: 150 inpatient, 50 outpatient
Applied: Army-Baylor, SDSU, USC, CSUN, UT Southwestern
Interviews: Army-Baylor
Waitlisted: USC
Rejected: UT Southwestern, Army-Baylor
Accepted: SDSU

I did my undergrad there and am wait listed there so you should go to CSUN if you get in! ;) i live in SD and would hate to move! but SDSU is still in their probationary period so they can get their accreditation taken away still. I have a friend in the program now and she says there are obviously some hiccups but its going relatively smoothly. When do you need to let SDSU know by?

I also know someone that goes to CSUN and they have impressive facilities and I think are more established. SDSU doesn't have as many internship sites compared to other schools and their facilities are not as nice as the other established schools. That being said, northridge is not the most desirable place to live. Neither is the neighborhood SDSU is located in however. Many students get assaulted by the people that live in the area. But San Diego is an amazing city as a whole!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have to give them my decision March 18th. I actually live not far from CSUN so that would make my cost of living expenses near zero. What kind of "hiccups" is the SDSU DPT program experiencing? I'm not surprised because it is its first year and this class will of course be the guinea pigs. Is this stuff that will be fixed for the next class?

I don't know the details but all my friend said was that you can tell they are trying to figure out some things and are learning along the way which will make the program better in the future.

I spoke on the phone with the program and they told me there are opportunities to do internships and clinicals at the military hospitals in the area. I've been told by other PTs that those are great settings to get a lot of good experience.

Is your friend glad that he/she chose to attend SDSU for a DPT? What does he/she think of the program overall? How well are the facilities?

It was a good decision for her mostly for the living situation (already lives in SD) but she also seems to be happy with it. I know most of the facilities they use since I did my undergrad at SDSU and they are not top notch unless they built new labs (which I can almost guarantee they did not). I know someone that is attending CSUS and was dying of stress the first week in and the friend at SDSU didn't have a meltdown all semester so i think the curriculum isn't as rigorous as some other places too.

Hi, I am a current first year student of the SDSU DPT Program. Please feel free to email if you have any questions. I will be more than happy to talk to you over the phone about the program. In addition, if you would like a tour of the facilities, I can set that up.

I encourage you to get your information from the main source. Deciding on which program to attend is going to be one of the most important decision of your life.

Thank you,

Andy Bhatia
[email protected]