SDSU DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTMAMBA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applied here?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean San Diego State? If so, aren't they not accredited yet?

I applied! I went through some rough patches with them during the application cycle, however. I submitted my transcripts before I did the application, so all my transcripts were tossed into some pile and so my transcripts were never "received" and processed. After 1.5 months of waiting, I had to call in several times to get the issue resolved. I am currently waiting to see the application decision, though. I looked through the website and couldn't really find a set timeline for when we would hear back.

EDIT: They are not accredited yet, but are a candidate to be. My mistake, sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They are actually not accredited as of yet. In July they were granted candidacy for accreditation, which means they are in review.

You are absolutely right. I literally read the first line and then stopped. Assumptions are bad. Let me edit that previous post out.

Though with that being said, it'll be a big surprise to me if they actually don't get accredited. SDSU has several Master's programs already in place for their School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, so they definitely are not new to the field.

Do you mean San Diego State? If so, aren't they not accredited yet?
Normally, Schools will obtain accreditation when its first class graduates. In SDSU's case, its first class will graduate in 05/2015.

Normally, Schools will obtain accreditation when its first class graduates. In SDSU's case, its first class will graduate in 05/2015.

Is there some kind of requirement for the licensing examination as well in order to obtain accreditation? As in, say, 80% of more of the graduating students must pass the exam?

You must graduate from a CAPTE accredited program to be eligable to sit for the licensing exam. Programs should gain accreditation just prior to the inaugural class graduating. In the unlikely event that they do not gain accreditation, there is a contingency plan to take classes with and therefore graduate under another program within your state. Most likely, this information will be covered in information sessions with that program. Best of luck to you! Peace and God bless

Last edited:
I applied to sdsu and recently had a one on one advisement with the director of the program. After our talk and getting answers to all my accreditation questions, I don't have much doubt that they will get accreditation!

I applied to SDSU as well; it's my top choice. I'm confident their program will be accredited when their first class graduates in 2015.

Fingers are crossed for now!

Has anyone heard anything yet? It is one of my top too and I am getting so anxious to hear back from them. Does anyone have any idea as to when they usually let people know about their status?

I just got an email saying I was accepted! Anyone else get an email???!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha thanks :p
I just got it earlier today.

Haha sure:
Overall GPA 3.89
Pre-req GPA 3.85
GRE: VERB 149 QUANT 152 WRITING 4.5
Major: Pre-Physical Therapy
Hours: 245

Did you get any emails yet??!

no not yet... waiting anxiously! awesome stats brotha, did you have a lot of extracurricular btw?

Thanks my friend haha. Extracurricular?? like what?? Like student gov and stuff?? I have some, but I worked a lot so I didn't really get tooooooo involved on campus. Why do you ask?

My friend just got in to SDSU today as well! She isn't on this forum so I figured I'd post for her haha

just trying to compare with my stats haha. cause my gpa is a little lower than yours, seeing if i have a chance haha. thanks for sharing! hopefully i can join you!

@ajcp13 would you happen to know her gpa? haha

just trying to compare with my stats haha. cause my gpa is a little lower than yours, seeing if i have a chance haha. thanks for sharing! hopefully i can join you!

@ajcp13 would you happen to know her gpa? haha
3.6 I believe... Her pre req GPA was probably strong and she also got props for getting A's and B's in the O Chem series as well as biochem. Her extra curriculars were minimal because she worked through college and only just started getting observation hours this year (vet school was her initial path)
154 for both V and Q and 4.0 AW

Congrats! I'm freaking out. Hopefully I hear from them soon, even if it's a rejection email.

Man, this thread is just killing me. Gospel808, damn man, you sure rocked that GPA! I didn't hear anything from them yet, but I hope news is coming soon.

Nope. I checked online and my application is still under review.

just been waitlisted... not sure what number i am...

I didn't even receive anything! If people are getting waitlisted, then the silence probably means I am declined.

Anyone else heard back yet?

Last edited:
I wish I did. My file still says it's under review by admissions.

Has anyone else been accepted and is definitely going there? I'm about 90% sure I will be attending and would love to meet some fellow classmates :)

Those of you on the waitlist: I emailed Mitch and he said he can't disclose our ranking due to the program's policy. Throwing out a heads up to those wondering where they're at. I hope several spots open up!

I've also been waitlisted. Hoping and praying I get in!! How many people do you think are on the waitlist ?? Ashley told me that it's nothing crazy like 500 people but that doesn't quite narrow it down....

I was accepted (found out Feb. 10). I'm still weighing my options.....trying to decide between USA and SDSU (and waiting to hear from CSULB)....anyone have any input on that decision??? Private vs. public....accelerated vs. regular....?

Hello Everyone! I know this thread is rather old, but I just wanted to say, in case you haven't heard... We are accredited :) I was a student in the inaugural class, which graduated this May. Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck with the program!! It's awesommmee

Hello Everyone! I know this thread is rather old, but I just wanted to say, in case you haven't heard... We are accredited :) I was a student in the inaugural class, which graduated this May. Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck with the program!! It's awesommmee

Oh my goodness! Can you tell me a bit about the program? I'm in the process of applying and super anxious about it. I'm in Georgia, so I haven't gotten a chance to go see the university, so I'm very curious about it. Please share :)