Searching for 1960-1980's UofW sports teams alumni

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NowAndLater

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if this is the correct subforum, or even the correct forum (found it in one of a thousand google searches). Mods, please move or delete if necessary. I sent an email in to the generic email hotline at uofw online as well about this.

I have just purchased a 1965 GMC 4106 (bus) that was restored into a motorhome in the early 90's.
Tracking the serial number of the bus I was able to find that it was originally sold to Univ of Wisc off the lot. Upon inspecting the paperwork that came with the bus (I have all paperwork including original window sticker and license plate used at Univ of Wisc) I came across a log book used and signed by the drivers of this bus throughout the 70's and 80's when transversing the Republic playing (and hopefully winning) games (not sure which sport) with gas stops and mileage calculations, and signatures!! It would be so cool to match a signature up to the author.

I'm looking for anyone who may have ridden in this bus, driven this bus, worked on this bus, looked at this bus, or most importantly, has any old pictures that this bus MAY be in around the campus or at school events off campus soil.

Thanks for your time. Any messages, tips, suggestions can be sent to this account and I will certainly stay on top of this. The link to this thread can be emailed to anyone you may think would know someone that would know someone that would know someone that knows about this bus. :)

Have a good day. I have attached a photo of the bus now, after the conversion.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_20161022_131721.jpg
    IMG_20161022_131721.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 25