seat deposit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

homeslyeece

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent in my deposit to howard 2 weeks ago, and I also called the admissions office to confirm that they had received my deposit. But...I just checked with the bank, and they haven't cashed my check! Do schools usually cash them right away?? Should I worry?? 😕
 
Last edited:
Deposit for a spot at a Pharmacy school- $2000.00
Mailing the deposit via certified mail- $7.00
Conrimation of delivery in your hand- Priceless
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent in mine three weeks ago and they haven't deposit the check yet. But they did email me to let me know that they received the check. Not sure why they are just holding onto it.
 
hi homeslyeece if they confirmed that they got ur check, i think it's okay. btw, how much for the deposit at howard. I just got an email said that i'm conditional accepted, nothing for deposit, financial aid, or housing at all. i just wonder how abt u?
 
I sent in mine three weeks ago and they haven't deposit the check yet. But they did email me to let me know that they received the check. Not sure why they are just holding onto it.

I sent mine into UIC on 12/17 and they still haven't deposited the check! BAH!
 
I don't see a need to worry. You called to confirm they'd received it. In retrospect, getting the delivery confirmation would have saved you a lotta worries

I sent in my deposit to howard 2 weeks ago, and I also called the admissions office to confirm that they had received my deposit. But...I just checked with the bank, and they haven't cashed my check! Do schools usually cash them right away?? Should I worry?? 😕
 
The deposit is $600. Non-refundable of course lol and only $300 is applied to your student account

hi homeslyeece if they confirmed that they got ur check, i think it's okay. btw, how much for the deposit at howard. I just got an email said that i'm conditional accepted, nothing for deposit, financial aid, or housing at all. i just wonder how abt u?
 
I did get a delivery confirmation too! I feel like I'm probably just worrying for no reason because they didn't cash it yet. =/