Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Seats left at NECO

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by ODgoddess, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ODgoddess

Pre-Optometry
    Does anyone who has recently interviewed at NECO happen to know how many seats are still available? I have an interview there next week and I'm worried that the interview is quite late in the process.
    Any info is great guys....thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. optisforme

I think there are seats left. I received the housing clinic email this morning and they had only emailed it to 60 something people.

4. MikeSD

Pre-Optometry
    I hope so because my interview isnt until april 13:scared:

5. carizma12

hi! iam going on april 2nd, anyone else going that day?

also, I still need to look for a hotel to stay at. ANy recommendations? i'm looking for something close by, preferably walking distance, and where i can get a good night's sleep!

thanks!

6. Optomoman

Optometrist
    I just stayed at a place called 463 beacon st. Guest House. The school is across the street (424 Beacon St.). It is a really old building, but nice. The old pipes made some noise, but not too bad. I would recommend it (especially if you don't want to worry about traffic on your way to the interview). Their website is: www.463beacon.com (I paid $79 per night).

7. carizma12

hey - they probably dont have wireless internet there right? i need to use my comp :D

8. blamo

Pre-Optometry
    they have wireless on the main floor

9. rani82

rani82 Junior Member

Optometry Student
    There are definitely still seats at NECO - I got accepted yesterday and the guy on the phone said I had 2 weeks to send in a deposit, but could take longer if I wanted because "the class is definitely not going to be filled up in two weeks"

They will get back to you quickly though - I interviewed on Friday and got an acceptance letter on the following Wednesday!

I stayed at the Holiday Inn - 1200 Beacon Street in Brookline but that definitely was NOT walking distance...

Good luck everyone!

10. carizma12

Hey Rani - how did you find out? postal mail or email?

im from canada so it'll definitely take longer than that to send me a letter!

11. rani82

rani82 Junior Member

Optometry Student
    Postal mail - good old snail mail :)

12. Canadian26

Canadian26 Member

Im still debating if I wanna go to my interview... Im not going for another week, but its seeming like a waste of money now. I could just stop by philly and secure housing... lol. I hope some feedback from other ppl helps.

13. soupey

soupey beyond.ca

Pre-Optometry
    carizma, they sent my acceptance letter through UPS, so it got here pretty quick, 3 days after interview. (im in calgary canada).

14. optogirl21

optogirl21 Senior Member

Optometry Student
    hey soupey, you're from calgary? so am I!

I got accepted into NECO as well and received my acceptance letter through UPS 3 days after my interview. I was suprised with how quickly they responded back. As for the number of seats available, I think they still have quite a few available so not to worry for those of you who still have interviews coming up. And don't stress! Its a breeze! Just be yourself :)

15. Optomoman

Optometrist
    I got in too! I will be attending NECO in the Fall!

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. carizma12

canadian26 - i just went to NECO.. i was initially not going to go because I already accepted my seat at NOVA.. but I'm really glad I went and saw it. even though it was a lot of money, it was definitely worth it.

it depends what you like - for me personally, I like modern facilities, new.. etc..

NECO is basically in a huge mansion! it's like going to school in a VERY BIG HOUSE. you have class in one room, and the profs come to you..the labs are small. when you walk in, you are greeted by spiral staircases!

NECO has 50 affiliated clinics around Boston, which is definitely different from other schools..

whether i'd choose to go there or not - i'm really glad i saw it.

18. Canadian26

Canadian26 Member

Yah ive decided to go check it out as well... Money in the long run isnt that much of an issue... I'd like to check it out I guess... I just sent in my housing deposit for PCO. So we'll see how this one goes.