seats left for this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MHC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how many seats are still available for FLECOM, TUCOM-CA, TUCOM-NV? I interviewed at FLECOM last week and just got invited for TUCOM-CA interview for March. Any of these schools already filled?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

At the current moment, there are 8 seats left for the TUCOM-NV class. This would make the class an ideal size of 100, but they do have authorization to admit up to 108, so I suppose you can take that as anywhere between 8-16 seats.

LVDoc said:
At the current moment, there are 8 seats left for the TUCOM-NV class. This would make the class an ideal size of 100, but they do have authorization to admit up to 108, so I suppose you can take that as anywhere between 8-16 seats.

Wow, How do you know that?

Just curious. I'm surprised there are that few left.

Members don't see this ad :)
LVDoc said:

Yes, I am curious how you know this as fact as well? Have all 92 people you are referring to paid their second deposits?

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

I got an e-mail on Friday from Mr. Corbman, saying "We are at 92 student accepts." Attached with the e-mail was also an excel file with the names of everyone who had paid the initial deposits. I doubt very many people have paid the second deposit, since it's not due till May 15th. As far as the AOA-approval to take up to 108, that's what the Director of Admissions had told us on interview day.

how many people does tucom-nv interview per week? i know they only interview on M and T. how often does the admission committee meet? how long before they tell you if you've been accepted?

LVDoc said:
I got an e-mail on Friday from Mr. Corbman, saying "We are at 92 student accepts." Attached with the e-mail was also an excel file with the names of everyone who had paid the initial deposits. I doubt very many people have paid the second deposit, since it's not due till May 15th. As far as the AOA-approval to take up to 108, that's what the Director of Admissions had told us on interview day.

Well, that sounds very official. Did he send out this email to everyone?

bth7 said:

My guess is it was only to those people that had paid their deposits. When I got my unofficial notification of acceptance via e-mail a few weeks ago, I didn't see this list. So it's probably only for the ones that sent in the $2K deposit.

R1980 said:
how many people does tucom-nv interview per week? i know they only interview on M and T. how often does the admission committee meet? how long before they tell you if you've been accepted?

The admissions committee meets every 2 weeks or so, and as another poster said below, the next date is 3/2. Generally, if you've been accepted, you should probably hear from them the day after the committee meets, via e-mail, or at least this is what happened in my situation. Regardless, if you do not receive an e-mail on that particular date, whatever it may be, it could be either one of two things - a waitlist or a rejection; unless you specifically request between the time of your interview and the time that the admissions committee meets that you be sent an e-mail regardless of the decision. I know they meet M and T, but I don't know how many they interview per week. I think it's about 20 people or so, but it probably varies. There were 10 or 11 people on my interview day, so I'm going off that estimate.

LVDoc said:
The admissions committee meets every 2 weeks. They made a decision on my file on 2/10, so the next date is probably this Thursday (2/24). They tell you if you've been accepted the day after your interview, via e-mail. If you don't happen to get an e-mail on the day afterwards, then it could be either one of two things - a waitlist or a rejection; unless you specifically request that you be sent an e-mail regardless of the decision. I know they meet M and T, but I don't know how many they interview per week. I think it's about 20 people or so, but it probably varies. There were 10 or 11 people on my interview day, so I'm going off that estimate.

Actually, your guesstimation is incorrect. The next admissions committee meeting is March 3rd. Also decisions are not delivered the day after one's interview, rather there is the possibility of being informed of your decision shortly after the admissions committee meeting.

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Whoops! I totally overlooked what I had written. I meant the day after the admissions committee meets, but for some reason I wrote the wrong thing. Anyhow, I edited my post to reflect the correct procedure so someone else doesn't get confused.

I should add that the best way to really get an accurate assessment on the admissions protocol and the current status of the incoming class is to contact the Director of Admissions. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you, but either way, all of these same concerns will be addressed on your interview day as well.

bth7 said:
i got taht email about there being 92 accepted so far...although you never know how many will not pay the second deposit...but as of right now...we are at 92 at touro nv