Second Bachelors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted92121

I already have a B.S. in Natural Science from a top 25 school plus courses from other colleges/universities. My AACOMAS GPA is 2.7 (~200 credits). My science GPA is 3.3 and MCAT of 31.

Unfortunately, my undergraduate institution will not allow me to retake two semesters worth of courses in a very specialized major (Emergency Medicine). So it would take a lot of additional courses to boost my GPA to a 3.0 at least. Plus doing courses a la carte is tough due to no loans or financing available since I would be non-degree seeking.

However, I can complete a B.S. at a nearby university as a second degree student and still get some student loans/funding. It would not be in a science program but since it is my cumulative GPA that is in the dumps, that hardly seems to be an issue.

Plus the program would only cost around $8k and I would only have to take ~40 credits since they count my previous courses for my electives. This plan would take approximately 3 semesters.

Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

P.S. I am aware SMP programs exist but due to my low GPA, I have been rejected by many of them.

Members don't see this ad.