• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

pakmand

15+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2003
Visit site
Status
Just wondering if anyone has wanted to do a second look and the program told them not to bother? I want to do a second look at one of my reach programs but I don't have much money left, so I want to use it well. If a program does not have any intention of ranking you highly or at all, will they tell you not to do a second look or at least indicate that its not worthwhile?

thanks

smittma1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
pakmand said:
Just wondering if anyone has wanted to do a second look and the program told them not to bother? I want to do a second look at one of my reach programs but I don't have much money left, so I want to use it well. If a program does not have any intention of ranking you highly or at all, will they tell you not to do a second look or at least indicate that its not worthwhile?

thanks
I can't speak for other program directors, but I will inform applicants who won't be ranked about their status when they call to arrange a second visit. It isn't fair to let an unranked applicant needlessly spend time and money on a second visit.

Scott Mittman
Program Director, Johns Hopkins

About the Ads