Second look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HookeIsMyHero

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been invited to take a second look at a program that I'm interested in. I feel that I have a good idea of the program set up and was able to meet lots of residents at my interview. Plus I'm a bit sick of traveling. So, I'm trying to decide if it would be worthwhile to go. Did anyone do a second visit and find it to be particularly valuable in making their final choice? Also, do programs seem to favor people who come back? Thanks.
 
I got invited to a few second looks, including at the program I ended up matching at. I didn't go on any for the reasons you mentioned, namely being sick of traveling. I wouldn't bother since you feel like you have a good understanding of the program. I can't imagine that programs favor people who do second looks over those who don't - they understand that we have M4 stuff, other interviews, etc.