Second MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notnarcsDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you indicated on the primary that you intended to take the August MCAT, are you required to release the score if there was no improvement, or can you let it go? I thought I saw somewhere on here before that you didnt.

Members don't see this ad.

notnarcsDO said:
If you indicated on the primary that you intended to take the August MCAT, are you required to release the score if there was no improvement, or can you let it go? I thought I saw somewhere on here before that you didnt.
If you marked on your primary application that you're retaking the MCAT wouldn't schools put your application on hold until they receive your updated MCAT score (unless your first score qualifies for an acceptance)? My thinking is you do have to submit it unless you want to contact the school...then you'll be in trouble for hiding info from them. This is a total guess so ...

Members don't see this ad :)
This year there were a nummber of retakers that did not get August scores back yet but were getting interviews based on previous MCAT scores.

FutureDocDO said:
If you marked on your primary application that you're retaking the MCAT wouldn't schools put your application on hold until they receive your updated MCAT score (unless your first score qualifies for an acceptance)? My thinking is you do have to submit it unless you want to contact the school...then you'll be in trouble for hiding info from them. This is a total guess so ...

HunterGatherer said:
This year there were a nummber of retakers that did not get August scores back yet but were getting interviews based on previous MCAT scores.
That's true but schools will wait for the updated MCAT to make their decision.

FutureDocDO said:
That's true but schools will wait for the updated MCAT to make their decision.

I went to the AAMC THx thing to release it, and I am unsure how to send it to my schools. Do I release it to AACOMAS, or is there a way to specifically send it to schools?

release it to AACOMAS and AACOMAS will release it to all schools you sent your primary to.

notnarcsDO said:
I went to the AAMC THx thing to release it, and I am unsure how to send it to my schools. Do I release it to AACOMAS, or is there a way to specifically send it to schools?

HunterGatherer said:
release it to AACOMAS and AACOMAS will release it to all schools you sent your primary to.
Right on.

Thanks!!! Just did that last week, maybe that is why I havent received a confirmation that my file is complete.

notnarcsDO said:
Thanks!!! Just did that last week, maybe that is why I havent received a confirmation that my file is complete.
That could be. Good luck buddy.