second qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exeunt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm taking step i in june and was thinking of currently starting a qbank other than uworld so that i can save uworld for closer to my test date. would you guys recommend doing rx or kaplan (probably only have time for one of them..) or would it be better to just start uworld now and focus on that? thanks for any advice:)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing Kaplan and I like it. It's tough, so prepare yourself for the possibility of not doing so hot at first. It gives you info not found in First Aid and helps drive home the details you may otherwise overlook.

My $0.02.

Sylvanthus,
I've got like 6-7 weeks of dedicated time starting at the end of March. It is possible to get through UWorld twice in two months?

Members don't see this ad :)
About 2200 questions or so in the qbank. So, 4400/49 days= <100 a day, sure. But, you want to make sure you spend the time reading through the answers.
sylvanthus, in that case do you think i should just start with uworld now?

Considering few people have time during classes to do 100 questions a day, yes, I would start now with the intent of going through UW twice. That should take you a good 4 months if you do it thoroughly and roughly 50 questions a day. When you get closer to test time, do a couple of NBME practice tests to see how you are doing.

Good luck!

i'm taking step i in june and was thinking of currently starting a qbank other than uworld so that i can save uworld for closer to my test date. would you guys recommend doing rx or kaplan (probably only have time for one of them..) or would it be better to just start uworld now and focus on that? thanks for any advice:)

Kaplan for sure. I have both Kaplan & USMLERx & Kaplan is a lot better, although USMLERx is good if you are a questions type of person & need a 3rd Qbank. Starting UW closer to your exam is also better imo.