Second time around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beaglegirl2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
How many people are applying for the second or third time??? Do the AdComs give any weight to the fact that we are trying again? Are there any statistics about how many reapply?? Just curious. My App is in....waiting is a little easier with you all to talk to.:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

2nd; I hope so; I don't know

This is my 2nd go at it, and there are quite a few people in this forum who are taking another shot at veterinary school.

Each school publishes statistics, and some of them show how many times applicants applied before they got in. It's not uncommon for people to get accepted after >1 try. About 1/3 of UC Davis' incoming class this year took >1 try, for example.

I personally know a few people who took 2 or 3 attempts before admission, and there are some people in this forum who were accepted last year after more tries than that! It can be done :)

WRT your 2nd question, I'm not sure whether AdComs reward persistence, but I'm fairly sure that they look to see that you took any post-mortem advice from them and made the recommended improvements!

WRT your 2nd question, I'm not sure whether AdComs reward persistence, but I'm fairly sure that they look to see that you took any post-mortem advice from them and made the recommended improvements!

At least it won't hurt you and IMO, it can only help (especially if you took their "post-mortem" advice to heart). It shows them that vet school is what you really want and that you aren't going to let a few rejections deter you from your goal.