second time interview at duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluenebula83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, this is my first post. yayy! ok, anyway i applied to duke last year and took the regional interview. needless to say, i didn't get in. eventho i know duke doesn't have rolling admissions, i applied very late last year and somehow feel that this affected my chances cuz i ended up taking the regional very late in the season. now i'm re-applying much earlier. i have an interview at duke in a week and was wondering if this ever happened to any of you guys. interviewing twice at a school. i'm assuming my first interview went well since they decided to interview me again. but where does that put me in terms of how i should approach this interview? for instance, are they going to look at feedback from the first interview? but anyway, any opinions and/or insights would be greatly appreciated!

and g'luck everyone!!
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Duke must really like you!! I mean, you are getting two interviews. I would like to interview at Duke. It is one of my top choices. But with a horrible MCAT score, I don't think I stand a chance. I am still working on the secondary because I was under the impression that it was a non-rolling school.

How did you approach the ethics questions? And what are some of their interview questions?

In any case, good luck on the interview.

etudiante04 said:
Duke must really like you!! I mean, you are getting two interviews. I would like to interview at Duke. It is one of my top choices. But with a horrible MCAT score, I don't think I stand a chance. I am still working on the secondary because I was under the impression that it was a non-rolling school.

How did you approach the ethics questions? And what are some of their interview questions?

In any case, good luck on the interview.

i don't know whether two interviews means they like me alot or just can't get rid of me. haha. there is definately hope for everyone b/c my MCAT score isn't too hot either (low 30s). yea, it's a non-rolling school so you can basically take your sweet time to fill out your secondary. (the first time i applied, i sent in mine pretty late into the season and still got an interview.) the only reason i sent in mine early this time was b/c most of it was complete last year! last year, i had a regional interview so basically he just asked me to 'talk about myself'. i just took it from there. it was a conversation-style format tuned around what i wrote in my primary. and also there were no ethics questions. i also hear that there is no right or wrong answer to ethics questions if your asked. it's more of how you handle the pressure and think through the process of deciding on what you'd do. g'luck to you too! and keep postin'!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
bluenebula83 said:
i don't know whether two interviews means they like me alot or just can't get rid of me. haha. there is definately hope for everyone b/c my MCAT score isn't too hot either (low 30s). yea, it's a non-rolling school so you can basically take your sweet time to fill out your secondary. (the first time i applied, i sent in mine pretty late into the season and still got an interview.) the only reason i sent in mine early this time was b/c most of it was complete last year! last year, i had a regional interview so basically he just asked me to 'talk about myself'. i just took it from there. it was a conversation-style format tuned around what i wrote in my primary. and also there were no ethics questions. i also hear that there is no right or wrong answer to ethics questions if your asked. it's more of how you handle the pressure and think through the process of deciding on what you'd do. g'luck to you too! and keep postin'!! :D

Did you keep the same responses on the secondary from last years? I'm reapplying and had a regional interview by Duke last year as well.

Btw, did you call up the admissions office to ask for feedback?

The JockDoc said:
Did you keep the same responses on the secondary from last years? I'm reapplying and had a regional interview by Duke last year as well.

Btw, did you call up the admissions office to ask for feedback?

yes, i pretty much kept the same answers from last year. no, i did not call up the admissions office to ask for feedback last year. maybe i should've called them, but i figured since the level of competitiveness is so high at duke, it wouldn't matter how well the interview went. i'm curious, did u call for feedback and were u told anything informative about your application? and also, r u interviewing this year? best. :)

bluenebula83 said:
yes, i pretty much kept the same answers from last year. no, i did not call up the admissions office to ask for feedback last year. maybe i should've called them, but i figured since the level of competitiveness is so high at duke, it wouldn't matter how well the interview went. i'm curious, did u call for feedback and were u told anything informative about your application? and also, r u interviewing this year? best. :)

bluenebula, check your pm

were you waitlisted last time? When is your interview?

Thanks for the reply

bluenebula83 said:
hey guys, this is my first post. yayy! ok, anyway i applied to duke last year and took the regional interview. needless to say, i didn't get in. eventho i know duke doesn't have rolling admissions, i applied very late last year and somehow feel that this affected my chances cuz i ended up taking the regional very late in the season. now i'm re-applying much earlier. i have an interview at duke in a week and was wondering if this ever happened to any of you guys. interviewing twice at a school. i'm assuming my first interview went well since they decided to interview me again. but where does that put me in terms of how i should approach this interview? for instance, are they going to look at feedback from the first interview? but anyway, any opinions and/or insights would be greatly appreciated!

and g'luck everyone!!
:laugh:

etudiante04 said:
were you waitlisted last time? When is your interview?

Thanks for the reply

yea i was waitlisted last time, only to get rejected. i had my interview two days ago (tuesday) of this week.

bluenebula83 said:
yea i was waitlisted last time, only to get rejected. i had my interview two days ago (tuesday) of this week.

How did it go this time? Good luck. I hope you get in. They should know by now that you really want to go there.

etudiante04 said:
How did it go this time? Good luck. I hope you get in. They should know by now that you really want to go there.

yea i think it went alrite (knock on wood). u know its funny my second interviewer said pretty much the same thing. the fact that i was applying there twice 'clearly shows that i'm interested in the school'. thank you so much. i hope everyone here (including myself) gets in. it's a great and supportive place to study. o and i was talking to wendy, the secretary at the admissions office (who is TERRIFIC by the way)--definately say hi to her if u guys interview there. well anyway, she was saying they accept 200 people of the aprroximate 800 to 1,000 people they interview. around 100 or so end up going. i'm assuming it's 2 to 1 of accepted vs. matriculated since alotta ppl who are qualified enough to get into duke also get into many other places. well anyway, gluck to everyone and keep on truckin'!
:D