Second Timers to the DAT

Started by BeachLuvr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BeachLuvr

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I am getting ready to take the DAT for the second time in 2 weeks ~ Getting ready to take it the second time definitely feels much more comfortable than the first 😳 Have any of those of y'all that are taking/have recently taken it the second time found yourselves to do much better? How has your studying styles changed?
 
I took it in 2003 for the first time....got 19 AA/ 17 TS/ 18 PAT

I just took the test a couple weeks ago....got 21 AA/ 20 TS/ 18 PAT

I used the Kaplan Blue Book which I did not have the first time around. I also used Exam Krackers 1001 questions for the chem section, which I did have the first time as well.

Overall, I probably put in about an extra 75-100 hours of studying from the first time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I got an interview to UTHouston...which btw, congrats to yours as well 🙂 I love the whole feel of the Medical Center and the school, but anyway...off subject...

I'm retaking it (1) Because I feel I could have done a world better, particularly now that I'm feeling more chilled out about it (2) Because although an interview is a superb sign 😀 , the schools turn away a lot of people even that get interviews, due to space constraints...so, if I can get a boost with a better score, boost me baby ~

Beachluvr
 
Don't you have to wait 90 days before retaking it? How have you taken it 2 times in 2 weeks? Just curious, thanks


BeachLuvr said:
Well, I am getting ready to take the DAT for the second time in 2 weeks ~ Getting ready to take it the second time definitely feels much more comfortable than the first 😳 Have any of those of y'all that are taking/have recently taken it the second time found yourselves to do much better? How has your studying styles changed?
 
LissDentist said:
Don't you have to wait 90 days before retaking it? How have you taken it 2 times in 2 weeks? Just curious, thanks

I dont think it was meant two times in two weeks.. i think it was meant that two weeks from that day it would be the second time the test would be taken. 😀
g3k
 
1st time on August 5 2004... AA 21.. PAT 21.. bio 20.. ochem 25.. gchem 25.. rc 18.. qr 16
My computer crashed during the last section (qr) and my answers were cleared for 7 questions, hence my low qr grade... ADA gave me an option to retake and so I took it again yesterday

2nd time on Sept 11... AA 22.. PAT 21.. bio 20.. gchem 23.. ochem 25.. rc 20.. qr 23

I was definitely a lot more relaxed before the exam, the second time around. In terms of studying, I took Kaplan to prepare for the exam the first time so I just reviewed my Kaplan book again~