Second Visit Attire

Started by jc235693
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jc235693

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was wondering what I should pack to bring with me for a second visit. Should it be as formal as the interview? Or can I get away with not wearing a suit? I hate worrying about if I am going to be under or overdressed at these things ha. Thanks!
 
I did a search because I've been wondering the same thing and here's one thread I found:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=269706

Basically, try calling the school and asking, but I doubt you would wear a suit. Some schools say business casual, some just casual. I will probably do business casual since there are faculty revisits as well. Hope that helps.

Thanks, yea I found that thread when I searched. But I was wondering if MSTP visits might be different because they usually take place over a couple days and involve meetings with potential PIs to do rotations with, as oppose to MD second visits which typically involve just another tour, a lunch, and some speakers.

Thanks though, I think calling might be safest I guess
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Business attire is a good bet. Most involve meeting with potential PIs, mini-conferences held by the program, and dinners with students/facutly/advisors. Schools usually send the information closer to revisit day (attire, schedule...).
 
I agree with lil mick. Base it off of the schedule that they send you - if you're meeting with faculty (which you most likely are), I'd go with business casual while on campus, unless you're told otherwise.