Second Wave of Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trajan

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being a non-traditional applicant with good grades, solid performance in previous GME, but low USMLE's, I'm reasonably happy with my interviews so far: 27 applications, 8 interviews, 9 rejections, no reply from 10. However, all of my interviews were offered before November 1st. I'm certain that my Dean's letter is not a red flag. Further, looking at these forums, it appears as though others have not received many invites since October.

I was always under the impression that a second wave of invites followed the release of MSPE's -- at least that's what others have told me happened in previous cycles. Is this year different?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I agree, it seems as if this "second wave" post-MSPE is somewhat nonexistent...

i got a few invites after the mspe - i had good grades and my "adjective" was the highest my school offered but i was not aoa. the interviews came from competitive programs, and my guess was that these were places that would have given me an interview beforehand if i was aoa and just wanted to make sure my grades were good enough. all but one of my post-nov 1st invites came in the first week on the same days that they had been sent in previous years (according to last year's interview thread).

i have to cancel a couple interviews so hopefully as other people cancel a few that means some people get off their waitlists :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like the rumor of the 2nd and 3rd waive is annually false ...

Appears the best shot to get an invite is prior to the MSPE, after that, it's all luck of the draw and big name programs mostly sending out whatever slots they have left.