Secondaries, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hercules

Son of Zeus
Reaction score
Hey gang,
I'm running a little late in the game and I was wondering if any altruistic applicants out there would give me a hand. I recently sent out my AMCAS but I'm still waiting to get my secondaries. If anyone would give me some of the questions I would be eternally grateful, since that would let me start up some of the essays and keep me from getting even further behind. I need questions from:

Johns Hopkins
Washington University in St Louis
Duke
Stanford
Univ of Alabama in Birmingham

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Herc-
Here are the questions for Duke:
Short Answer:
1) What aspects of Duke's program in med education interest you and why?
2) Among the service activites that you listed on your AMCAS application, in which activity did you feel that you truly made an impact on someone? What was the impact on you?
3) Describe your most relevant clinical experience in medicine thus far.

Essay:
Describe a difficult moral or ethical situation that you have encountered and how you dealt with it. What personal strengths, values, and beliefs helped you deal with this challenge? (1000 words or less).

Hope this helps and good luck!

[This message has been edited by s-pish (edited 08-02-2000).]

Can someone add the essay questions to: george washington
New York Medical college
georgetown
wake forest

I'm in the same boat-still waiting for secondaries-my school didnt get my transcript out in time
frown.gif

The listing of any of the questions from these schools would be really appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
There's only a 1 page essay for Georgetown. The prompt says something like:

Why did you choose Georgetown and how will Georgetown's program make you a better physician?

Good luck!

Herc..
My little brother is starting at Alabama fall semester and is considering pre-med. I noticed that you had Tuscaloosa on your post..did you go to Bama? Did you go pre-med? Any info would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at [email protected] ( yes,that is tigerbabies as in War Eagle
smile.gif
)
Don't hold it against me though
smile.gif

Thanks.
Kelly

------------------
"Nothing ventured, Nothing gained"

johns hopkins has a long secondary, but here goes.

-describe how you selected your undergraduate school and field of study.
-if you interupted you ed. for a sem or longer, please describe
-list academic honors
-list paid employment
-list major unpaid extraccurics
-describe your most rewarding experience
-areas of med that are of interest to you

hope that helps

Thanks for your help s-pish and japhy! I really appreciate it and think it speaks volumes against the cut-throat perception of premeds that so many people seem to have.
-Mike

Sorry that was supposed to be a thumbs up not a thumbs down on the last post
smile.gif

-Mike