1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Secondaries...can we just cut and paste

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bafanculo, Aug 6, 2002.

1. bafanculo

bafanculo Member
    7+ Year Member

I have been just printing my responses, cutting them out and pasting them to the applications....just wondering if anyone else has adopted my messy technique.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    if you mean cutting them from a word processor like MS Word and pasting them into the web-based secondaries (i.e.-Jefferson, CWRU, Dartmouth), then yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. No need to retype them - just cut and paste away.

Now if you mean typing them out, printing them, physically cutting the essays from the printed page with a pair of scissors and pasting them to your computer screen with, say, Elmer's glue....then sortof. I'm only doing that with Duke's secondary, and only after eating a lot of the glue.

4. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Bafanculo, you can also just print directly onto the application. It looks much neater, but one must tread cautiously when using this method as the printer may decide to seek revenge at that particular moment. But, to answer you question, yes, a few people do cut and paste like we did back in kindergarten. I prefer to print directly onto the application...I hate dealing w/ glue (Actually I love peeling off the glue remnants from my hands.). :)

5. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

why are you doing it this way??? it's so much more efficient to do it directly into the application. :confused: am i missing something here??

Perhaps this person has a reason he/she is doing this.