secondaries from finch or loyola?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitarguy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been moving around a lot this summer, which has caused many delays in my receipt of some secondaries. I imagine my secondaries from Finch and Loyola are trekking their way across the country. If someone has received either of these, could you please post their essays?

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

there a huge difference btx finch and loyola..

why those two?

Members don't see this ad :)
i would love to come to loyola, but the tuition is about 3 times as much as UIC.. i dont think id get my wife to go with that

Originally posted by agent
i would love to come to loyola, but the tuition is about 3 times as much as UIC.. i dont think id get my wife to go with that

Not really...

Loyola Tuition: $30,500 + 655 fees= $31,555

UIC Tuition: $17,664 + 1,646 fees= $19,310

Difference is about 12k per year so its not even 2 times cheaper. UIC isn't as "cheap" as some people think it is. In fact, with the current budget crisis in Illinois, expect more funding to be cut from it and for them to raise tuition even higher.

Certainly Loyola isn't cheap but UIC is hardly a bargain compared to the tuition at other state school around the country.

yeah loyola is the only school i havent heard from. in fact, for some reason, it is the only one that my amcas has not been transmitted to and i submitted that on july 2. so i have no idea whatsup either.

i heard from loyola a couple of days ago. they told me my app is on hold for august mcat scores, so i guess they are screening.
didn't apply to finch.

According to an email I received from AMCAS in July, Loyola has opted for some reason not to receive applications electronically as other schools do. Because of this, no transmission date will ever be posted for them.

I am just curious about Loyola and Finch because those are the only secondaries I have not received.

Finch is weird. Don't worry about their secondary essays because I heard all they want is a check, no essays.

Loyola has four or five secondary questions that are essentially short essays. I have their old secondary from two years ago. Later on I'll post the questions from it just to give you an idea of what they might be looking for later on. I can't imagine they have changed all that much in two years.

i thought i read loyola was 30k per semester with 3 semesters per year!?

Alright peoples listen up, cause only gonna type this once. Don't worry 'bout a Finch secondary b/c it doesn't have any essays. About the Loyola secondary, the questions are as follows:

1. What do you consider a valuable experience in your personal development?

2. Describe briefly how you have dealt with a personal or academic problem?

3. How did you reach your decision to enter medicine?

4. What self-education, research or independent scholastic work have you undertaken and what do you feel you have accomplished in this work?

5. If not enrolled as a FT student during the current academic year, please explain what the hell you'll be doing prior to your planned matriculation into medical school.

6. Bring us up to date on anything from your AMCAS app

Good times and good luck.

Originally posted by agent
i thought i read loyola was 30k per semester with 3 semesters per year!?

:eek: OUCH! $90K/year! Holy shiznit!

According to the MSAR for the 2001-2002 first-YEAR class, tuition was $30,500

thanks for the information Dr. J! I'm glad to see that their questions seem pretty standard.

Originally posted by guitarguy

I am just curious about Loyola and Finch because those are the only secondaries I have not received.

>Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:58:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Secondary application?
X-Sender: [email protected]
To: docwannabedatsme

The staff in the medical school began mailing secondaries out about a week ago. They are processing the AMCAS applications in the order we received them from AMCAS. Secondaries are mailed on a continuous basis until all our applications are processed, which will sometime in January. Please be patient, one will be mailed to you.<

That's what I got in response to enquiry.

- Tae

I heard from Loyola on 8/7 and Finch on 8/9. There are no essays for Finch IF you are a normal 3rd year applicant. If you are a "non-traditional" applicant (they have a fat list of what circumstances you need to explain) you need to explain why you are in that situation. For example, I am taking a year off to apply for med school, so I have to explain that.

Good luck...hopefully nothing got lost in the mail w/ all that moving.