naya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2002
California
Status (Visible)
When waitlisted I sent an additional LOR to the Dean of Admissions. An acceptance came soon after the LOR was sent. I started medical school today. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

About the Ads

Ninjaboy

Taneuma
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
www.espn.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I don't think it really matters. Schools often encourage you to keep them informed on changes and updates in your application. I think a new LOR would count as an update.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2001
Status (Visible)
As long as the person who writes it sends the letter, it should not be a problem to add an additional letter. Although, you might want to send a school a brief letter stating that you are adding an additional letter to your file from________

samyjay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2002
IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
can you still send an extra letter of rec, even if the maximum is 6. The thing is my school does the composite pre-med committee, and i want to send another letter of recommendation, but that would exceed the 6 limit. Can i still send an extra, and call it an "update"

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.