Secondaries: solving problems?

Started by Dandine
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dandine

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't really find a recent post of this topic on this forum which is why I'm posting it; if there is a repeat that I missed feel free to inform me.

For my "overcoming a challenging problem" essay I have decided to talk about a project I worked on in a club I was in since it was over a broad period of time and I could concretely talk about why we did what we did to have it work. I was planning on stating what the general project was and the steps needed to get it done.

Looking at it, though, I find that writing it this way is kind of boring. It accomplishes what it needs to, but at the same time I find that it's much more interesting to talk about the outcome of the project since that, if anything, showed the plan's overall success. There are plenty of anecdotes I could talk about to support the connection between our plan and its outcomes and what on my part I could have done better. However, I also realize that writing the essay this way may take away from the topic of how I actually get something done.

tl;dr: How much of a stretch would it be if I discussed the project outcome and what I learned from it, even if the original question doesn't necessarily say so?