Secondaries that are Already Out ('07)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trisana said:
When is the UCLA secondary due for everyone? Most of the other UCs seem to have 1 month deadlines

My UCLA is due the first week of Sept., UCSD one month from secondary invite email. G'luck.

Members don't see this ad.

sweet I just got UPSTATE!

for those who have completed this app, there's a section that says:

Citizenship: US Citizen

then the next line it says:

Resident: (Yes) (No) (Not Reported)

does resident refer to U.S. permanent residency? as in non-citizen, so i would check no? or does it mean yea i'm a resident of the united states so i would check yes? :confused:

man i must sound dumb right now...

Robizzle said:

does resident refer to U.S. permanent residency? as in non-citizen, so i would check no? or does it mean yea i'm a resident of the united states so i would check yes? :confused:

I believe resident refers to NY state residency

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still waiting on the BU secondary?

I have been verified since 7/10 or so and am still waiting on BU, Loyola, NU - anyone else in the same boat?

Robizzle said:

yay, i got it too. that is a very good question. hmmmmm. anyone?

dimebag darrell said:

I have been verified since 7/10 or so and am still waiting on BU, Loyola, NU - anyone else in the same boat?

haven't gotten BU either =(

I'm really anxious to hear something from Drexel. Wonder when their secondaries/notifications usually come out?

i'm still waiting for bu as well...
i do still have a couple of secondaries i still need to finish though, so instead of compulsively checking my email for secondaries, i really should be editing my essays =)

Robizzle said:
haven't gotten BU either =(

While we are here, and since I am bored, im going to introduce another list within this list.
God I'm so bored

Hall of Fame for SDNers Listing Med School Secondaries First on SDN
University of Cincinnati: braluk

oh my god.. i completed my Upstate application and then submitted it and the last page is one where u print it out and need to sign and send it in along with a check. My page was all messed up (because it was opened thru my school email account so it was only taking up half the page) so i clicked refresh like an IDIOT and now i can't access that signature page again. If anyone has a link to it, or has any ideas as to what to do before i e-mail them explaning what happened i'd appreciate it. i hate these online secondary sites they're way too buggy!

AmygdalaGirl said:
i'm still waiting for bu as well...
i do still have a couple of secondaries i still need to finish though, so instead of compulsively checking my email for secondaries, i really should be editing my essays =)

Got BU this morning. Don't worry, yours is on the way.

dimebag darrell said:

I got BU, but waiting on Loyola and NYMC. It seems so random how they send these things out.

Robizzle said:
oh my god.. i completed my Upstate application and then submitted it and the last page is one where u print it out and need to sign and send it in along with a check. My page was all messed up (because it was opened thru my school email account so it was only taking up half the page) so i clicked refresh like an IDIOT and now i can't access that signature page again. If anyone has a link to it, or has any ideas as to what to do before i e-mail them explaning what happened i'd appreciate it. i hate these online secondary sites they're way too buggy!
sorry to hear that robizzle. If i can remember, didn't you also make a slight mistake at another schools secondary? Looks like this SDN anxiety is getting the best of us ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Robizzle said:

Sorry Rob, I tried to look around the site that would let you backtrack after you submitted the application but no dice.

I noticed that under application summary, it only states that my MCAT scores were received. No received status for my (1) Verified AMCAS (2) LORs (3) Supplemental Application (4) Supplemental Application FEE (which I have only sent out today so this should be blank). Am I just being paranoid here?? What happened to my AMCAS and Supplemental Application that I just submitted 10 minutes ago.

aung said:
Sorry Rob, I tried to look around the site that would let you backtrack after you submitted the application but no dice.

I noticed that under application summary, it only states that my MCAT scores were received. No received status for my (1) Verified AMCAS (2) LORs (3) Supplemental Application (4) Supplemental Application FEE (which I have only sent out today so this should be blank). Am I just being paranoid here?? What happened to my AMCAS and Supplemental Application that I just submitted 10 minutes ago.
sometimes it takes a couple of hours/a day. That happened to me with one of my secondaries, but I don't remember which one (not BU i didn't apply there)

braluk said:
sorry to hear that robizzle. If i can remember, didn't you also make a slight mistake at another schools secondary? Looks like this SDN anxiety is getting the best of us ;)

At least he didnt spell the name of the school incorrectly as I did :rolleyes:

haha yea i told wake forest that i was convicted of a felony. LOL.

thanks for tryin' tho :D i'll just e-mail em!

Just got my first snail mail application from Dartmouth. Also submitted four secondaries today. Keep them coming!

Robizzle said:

If you know someone who has the sheet you could get them to photocopy/fax it to you and then you'd have a copy that way.

cdngirl80 said:
If you know someone who has the sheet you could get them to photocopy/fax it to you and then you'd have a copy that way.

It shows the Upstate login ID on the signature page in a somewhat small print. Not sure if they scrutinze the section but then again, asides from your printed name, they can't tell who's sending the check and sheet unless they check the login ID. Not sure using someone else's photocopy is the best course of action here...

Edit: However, if you want a faxed copy or want me to email a scanned file of the page, PM me or let me know. You can use paint or whatever to fix the part about the ID.

Accidentally wrote BU instead of Upstate.

Uhh we're talkin about Upstate folks! Haha. And thanks for all your help and suggestions! I'd like to give a special thanks to Spospo for helpin me out :D :thumbup:

if anyone can help with this question, i'd appreciate it. i just submitted my AMCAS this week and began work on the rush supplemental right after this. the supplemental is available right on the schools website so i logged in thinking that the invite is not necessary. after reading their website some more, i realized that they send email invites for the secondary. is this a big deal or will i be fine if i submit the application within the time limit? thanks.

AmygdalaGirl said:
i just received the unc supplemntal application. i'm still a bit in shock, but does this mean that i am guaranteed an interview? i'm in state...

Hey, I am still waiting for a secondary from UNC. do you mind telling me when you got verified by AMCAS? Also, your mcat and your GPA?

AMCAS processed late june; mcat a little above unc's average; gpa around unc's average
good luck and hope you hear from them soon!!

NC2007 said:
Hey, I am still waiting for a secondary from UNC. do you mind telling me when you got verified by AMCAS? Also, your mcat and your GPA?

jackieMD2007 said:
Yeah. Just be like, "My undergraduate institution does not offer a Health Professions Advisory Letter. In lieu of this letter, the following professors are sending in academic letters of recommendation on my behalf: Dr. Iam NotKidding, phD, I.P Standing, esq., and Dr. Ben Dover, MD."

Eh hem! Do not forget about their esteemed colleague - Dr. Adolf Oliver Bush :laugh:

E-mail invites to secondary: :hardy:
AECOM (Albert Einstein)
Baylor
Boston University
Brown (also via snail mail)
Case Western
Columbia
Cornell Weill School of Medicine
East Carolina University
East Virginia Medical School (A Screener)
Georgetown
George Washington
Harvard
Jefferson
Loma Linda University
Louisana State University (LSU)
Mayo Medical School ($75--and they'll review you.)
Medical College of Georgia (MCG)
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) [No Essays]
Meharry Medical College
Morehouse School of Medicine
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
New York Medical College [No Essays]
New York University
Northwestern
Ohio State University (OSU)
Pennsylvania State University (Penn State)
Robert Wood Johnson (UMDNJ-RWJ)
Rush Medical College (RMS)
Saint Louis University
SUNY Buffalo
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Stonybrook
SUNY Upstate
Temple University
Uniformed Services University (USUHS)
University of Arkansas (UAMS)
University of California, Davis (A Screener)
University of California, Irvine (A Screener)
University of California, San Diego (A Screener, OOS'ers getting it too!)
University of Southern California (Keck)
University of Cincinnati
University of Chicago
University of Colorado
University of Florida
University of Illinois (UIC)
University of Iowa (screens. Regular mail w/password, etc)
University of Kansas
University of Louisville (A Screener, getting through as of 7/17)
University of Maryland
University of Miami (A Screener but as of 6/30, SDN'ers getting through!)
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota--Duluth
University of Nebraska
University of North Carolina (A Screener. People screening through 7/27)
University of Oklahoma (no real secondary. just an invite to send $$$)
University of Pennsylvania [no essays!]
University of Pittsburgh
University of Kentucky
University of South Florida
University of Tennessee-Memphis
University of Vermont (acknowledgment but now offering secondary)
University of Virginia
UMDNJ-NJMS
University of Washington (A Screener but as of 6-30, SDN'ers getting through!)
University of Wisconsin (Screens, but sending as of 7-11, *called them 7-25, OOS secondary's not sent yet*)
VCU (A Screener but as of 7-1, SDN'ers getting through!)
Wake Forest
Washington University (St. Louis)
Wright State University (Boonshoft) [No Essays]
Yale

Snail Mail Invites to Secondary: :D
Johns Hopkins (In addition to the fact you can log on and do it)
Loyola University Chicago (A Screener)
Dartmouth
University of Arizona (A Screener--only AZ res) [no essays]
University of Connecticut
University of Rochester
University of Virginia (In addition to the email)
Wayne State (screener--first one postmarked 7-25)

Secondaries available for viewing on Med School's website: :thumbup:
AECOM (Albert Einstein)
Baylor
Creighton
EVMS (East Virginia)
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins (Can log in with AMCAS ID and Apply Yourself ID)
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Stony Brook
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Tulane
University of Cincinnati
University of California, Los Angeles (Go to site & Log in!)
University of Rochester
UT Southwestern
Washington University (St. Louis)
Yale
Medical University of South Carolina

Acknowledgements of Application/Screening via Email,
(But not a secondary invite, yet)
:luck:
Boston University (BU)
Emory (Acknowledgement)
Indiana University (Send out a postcard)
Southern Illinois University (SIU-A screener, only IL Res)
University of California, Irvine (A Screener)
University of California, San Diego (sending out invites 7-18)
University of California, San Francisco (3-10 weeks for secondaries)
University of Florida
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin (sending out invites 7-11)
University of Miami (Sent out Invites 6-30, see above)
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
University of North Carolina (If instate, only interviewed applicants get secondaries; if OOS, then qualified applicants get secondary which will be reviewed before deciding on interview)
University of Rochester (Secondary available July 17)
University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
University of Vermont (Acknowledgement only)
Vanderbilt (Acknowledgement via email)
VCU (People started passing screens 7-1)
Wake Forest (Emails out 7-21)

Need Secondary Questions? Have Secondary Questions?
Got Interviews? Got Rejection Letters? Just Curious?
Dude, Where's my Verification?
Can I get a status check, pretty please?

Good Luck Everyone! :luck:

:laugh: OH MY GOD, HARRRRVARD!! :smuggrin:

Good luck :luck: to all of you applying to Harvard. :)

Q: "Isn't Stanford the Harvard of the West?"
A: "East, West, North, South, there is only ONE Harrrrvard."

jackieMD2007 said:
OH MY GOD, HARRRRVARD!! :smuggrin:

wait! i didn't get harvard yet! nooooooo

Erina said:
wait! i didn't get harvard yet! nooooooo

Breeeeaaaath. In. Out. :p
Literally, the timestamp on my e-mail is 4:40PM. Do not panic. It will come.

Has there been any word on when the Drexel secondary will be available, called admissions and they seemed to not have a clue.

CavalierMD said:
E-mail invites to secondary: :hardy:
University of North Carolina (A Screener. People screening through 7/27)
:

What does "people screening through 7/27" mean?

CavalierMD said:
Breeeeaaaath. In. Out. :p
Literally, the timestamp on my e-mail is 4:40PM. Do not panic. It will come.
haha i just got so excited (since everyday my parents are like, "hear from harvard yet?") and then i checked my email and NOTHING except an email from my lab supervisor giving me more crap to do. i want the harvard email to spice up my life! im getting bored haha :p

jackieMD2007 said:
:laugh: OH MY GOD, HARRRRVARD!! :smuggrin:

Q: "Isn't Stanford the Harvard of the West?"
A: "East, West, North, South, there is only ONE Harrrrvard."

I just got the email, too (4:40pm EST). Any idea if they screen? I haven't looked into it.

NC2007 said:
What does "people screening through 7/27" mean?

It means we didn't hear of anyone breaking through the screens until today.

Looque said:
I just got the email, too (4:40pm EST). Any idea if they screen? I haven't looked into it.

You know, this is off topic, but girls, back me up on this one.

Who else thinks that Looque is definitely the HOTTEST new guy member? :thumbup:

Anyone? Bueller?

jackieMD2007 said:
You know, this is off topic, but girls, back me up on this one.

Who else thinks that Looque is definitely the HOTTEST new guy member? :thumbup:

Anyone? Bueller?

I'll agree for the sake of a little fun on this board :) :thumbup:

I just got an email from ETSU sayin my app was recieved and being reviewed for secondary invite, but one my friends who applied really early says he got the secondary like a week ago. So I dunno

I just got Harvard. Looks like no essays, at least to New Pathway.

maybe Harvard is doing it by last name too? or by date of verification? i'm a T last name and a 6/29 verification...come on harvard, love me please!

jackieMD2007 said:
Damn right! Kid is a hottie.
That's all.

This ridiculous perception is only held because I have studied under the eminent Carlos Ray Norris.

EDIT: ...and alphabetically is feasible, as I'm a "B."

Looque said:
This ridiculous perception is only held because I have studied under the eminent Carlos Ray Norris.

EDIT: ...and alphabetically is feasible, as I'm a "B."

You know, in my culture, most hot men just say, "Thank You." :laugh:
Anyway, you're Chuck Norris Approved for being a hot newb. :thumbup:

That's all.

ohhh i see how it is, harvard just wanted to make me squirm. MY email was time stamped 5:08pm...apparently i'm not good enough to get it with the rest of you :p ok, crisis resolved, i can breathe now.

and looque, jackie's right.

Severus said:
yeah, me too. It looks pretty sweet. If they're doing it by last name, well, they've gotten to the middle.

Sev, I think you should get into Harvard. That would be so f-ing clutch after all of your application cycles. SDN would long tell of your journey! :thumbup:

Erina said:
ohhh i see how it is, harvard just wanted to make me squirm. MY email was time stamped 5:08pm...apparently i'm not good enough to get it with the rest of you :p ok, crisis resolved, i can breathe now.

and looque, jackie's right.

What can I say? I have the BEST taste in men. For real. ;)

jackieMD2007 said:
You know, in my culture, most hot men just say, "Thank You." :laugh:
Anyway, you're Chuck Norris Approved for being a hot newb. :thumbup:

That's all.

In my culture, it's still awkward to receive such compliments. And c'mon now, I've been here longer than you, Miss April 2006. ;)

Looque said:
In my culture, it's still awkward to receive such compliments. And c'mon now, I've been here longer than you, Miss April 2006. ;)

Yeah but I am more chatty than you. I think you've been lurking longer.

jackieMD2007 said:

Well, yes, that I won't contest. I am a master lurker.

jackieMD2007 said:

loving the new avatar jackie <3

Status
Not open for further replies.