Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1024471

I am re-applicant for DO/MD schools. I have seen that the prompt for secondaries is the same as last year. If I will receive secondaries from the schools I was waitlisted in, do I need to write new responses or I can use the response from the last year?

Members don't see this ad.

Try not to send the same secondary application. I know that with some of the essays it could be difficult to modify the actual content (e.g. challenge, and diversity essays) but add something new for the why us questions and share something different. As a reapplicant myself, I'm mostly rewriting

Reactions: 1 user
Even if the content is unchanged, you should still try to touch up the essays and reword them.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

I am re-applicant for DO/MD schools. I have seen that the prompt for secondaries is the same as last year. If I will receive secondaries from the schools I was waitlisted in, do I need to write new responses or I can use the response from the last year?

If you got an interview, that means they likely thought your essays were good (or at least not bad). Don't copy/paste your old ones in but you can reuse the same topic and ideas, just polish, and maybe expand on areas that seemed to come up in the interview/seemed more aligned with the school's mission.