Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futrorthodr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if most people think it is getting too late to send out secondaries. I know that the deadlines arent until Feb. but what are the realistic chances of getting an interview and spot in the upcoming class? I have sent out 6 already and still have like 8 more that I have just put off. Should I still send them out?

Members don't see this ad.

There are 2 groups of people. The ocd people will call you a scum bag for not sending your secondaries out back in July. But I belong to the other group and I beg to differ. Yes your chances have decreased because there are less seats available, but sending in a secondary now certainly cannot hurt you. I mean, the deadline is February for a reason. :luck:

what schools are we talking about? are they non-rolling? if so, then this is a no-brainer. send them in! Even at rolling schools, I still think you should send them in as long as you can afford it. Plenty of people get late interviews and even if they are interviews for waitlists spots, plenty of people still get in off waitlists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of the schools I have left to submit secondaries for are Harvard, U of michigan, U of Illinois, Temple, Tulane, Saint Louis Univ., and Emory Thats all I can think of right now. Do you know if any of these are not rolling. I guess I should considering I sent my secondary for Wayne State in two weeks ago and got a letter for an interview last Friday. ;)

if you want to go there, send them in! i dont feel like it's not late at all and a lot of my friends that applied last year hadn't had their secondaries done until mid-december and still got in to a lot of places.

I encourage you to send them in too. I'm in the same boat right now and that's why there is a deadline , right?:) You'll never know what happens :)

Good luck!

SEND THEM IN, for sure!

Saki0005 is right - they would've made the deadline much earlier if they didn't plan on paying some attention to the later applicants.

Thanks for the encouragement guys and gals I guess I will get these secondaries sent in as soon as possible. Listening to most of the talk on here it seems like if you havent already had all your interviews you wont get in anywhere. Lets hope that's not true

DaniDoc said:
SEND THEM IN, for sure!

Saki0005 is right - they would've made the deadline much earlier if they didn't plan on paying some attention to the later applicants.
I sure as hell hope ur right cos i'm msitting on 4 of them right now. No its not because i'm lazy. Its cos i cant afford to send in more than 1 per month (about $100 each). At the pace i'm going, i wont send in th elast one till february.

it would be great if they discounted the applications fee, 3 months late? thats 50% off. or maybe they could just charge me cover at the door, if i get an interview.