Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what schools that DO NOT screen send secondaries only after receiving your complete AMCAS application (not just confirmation that you are applying?)

I'm wondering about

Finch
Drexel
Temple
BU
St. Louis
Loma Linda
Tufts

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Boston, Tufts and SLU sent me secondaries before my file was complete last year. (Well, BU's is not really a secondary, just a request for money!).
I don't know about the others on your list, because I didn't apply to them. Best of luck!! :)

SLU sent me a secondary in July, Finch was pretty slow about sending me a secondary, and Drexel just sent me theirs last week. Note about Drexel: they're not receiving electronic submissions from AMCAS, only paper ones, and they had some sort of screw-up with their stationary and have only just started sending out secondaries.

Hang in there! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kinda curious Sweet Tea,
how long was the time of transmission to the time of receiving a secondary from Finch? I haven't received one from them yet and I recall my transmission date being sometime in the middle of august.:confused:

Actually the question is open to anyone who is in a similar situation.:D

Well, I guess I should receive one soon. I emailed them a few days ago, and they mentioned how they're sending them out in the order they received the primary application. And they're running behind because they've received around 3000 applications so far!:eek:

My application was also verified in July and i just received Finch's secondary last week. I don't think Drexel, Temple, or SLU screen. Hope this helps.

Tufts does not screen. if you took the April MCAT, you should get secondaries from all of these schools regardless of whether or not you also took the August MCAT. If you took the August MCAT, some of the schools may wait until the scores come in to send you a secondary, but I think most of those you listed will send the secondary regardless. you may want to check with the individual schools. good luck!