1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Secondaries???

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by vicsin, Aug 12, 2011.

1. vicsin

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey guys, so I applied to 5 schools: Stony Brook/Buffalo/NYU/Temple/and UMDNJ...
    I have only sent out the electronic application fee to Stony/Buffalo/and a check to NYU and UMDNJ. I am pretty sure everything was in/complete by 7/29. I was wondering if I am missing something here because everyone has been mentioning secondaries and I have not seen any info about them from any of these schools. Do other schools have long secondary apps? Do the ones I applied to have these?
    Please fill me in!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Parle G

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    NYU secondary is given to you when they call you for an interview. UMDNJ doesn't have a secondary to fill out according to the supplemental information from AADSAS. Temple will email you their secondary and ask you to submit your payment. Stony and Buffalo I have no idea.

hope this helps!

4. JOoa0ky

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Why only 5?! Balling stats I presume?

Also... as far as I know... none of those schools have any secondary essay questions.

NYU written secondary will be handed out during your interview. Other than that... not much else to tell you.

5. vicsin

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    lol, 5 because I do not think its that necessary to apply to a ton of schools I have no interest in/I don't have the funds! I have 3.85sGPA/3.85oGPA/20AA/20TS and I feel like if that doesn't get me interviews at any of the 5 schools I chose, why would I have a better chance elsewhere.

6. JOoa0ky

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Logically speaking... you've made the right choice.

But better safe than sorry? I think my 2 years off is good... 3 years off is kind of stretching it if for some unknown reason I don't make the cut?

7. dooley11

I'm slow.. So.. do we have to fill out their secondaries on site or do we take them back home?:D