Secondary Application Fee Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike27bk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well FAP rules have changed this year and it seems regardless if you filed independently and live on your own your parent's finances are taken into account, regardless if they are assisting you with fees or not. Despite the fact that I did not qualify for FAP, I was wondering if schools would take an email request to waive the secondary fee?

Anyone have anything to weigh in on this?
when would I send such letter? I don't want the process to hinder the date my application becomes complete.

Members don't see this ad.

You can try. Many schools will not waive the fee unless you qualify for FAP however.

Well FAP rules have changed this year and it seems regardless if you filed independently and live on your own your parent's finances are taken into account, regardless if they are assisting you with fees or not. Despite the fact that I did not qualify for FAP, I was wondering if schools would take an email request to waive the secondary fee?

Anyone have anything to weigh in on this?
when would I send such letter? I don't want the process to hinder the date my application becomes complete.
That rule was in place since at least last year and seems like it's been around for a while. I'm fairly confident no one will waive the secondary fee without FAP.