Secondary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roxana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Today I got an email from Arizona dental school asking for secondary application and i got so exited but some people say that it does not mean anything and most people get that ,i was wondering what does it mean if you get an email for secondary application ,does it mean they like you or they just send it to everybody?

Members don't see this ad.

i got that e-mail too. i am pretty sure they send it to everyone that applies. their secondary is required for them to even review your app.

Hi,
Today I got an email from Arizona dental school asking for secondary application and i got so exited but some people say that it does not mean anything and most people get that ,i was wondering what does it mean if you get an email for secondary application ,does it mean they like you or they just send it to everybody?
I got that email too. It pretty much isn't indicative of anything. Many schools send out their secondary applications to all their applicants regardless of their status. For other schools, getting an invitation for a secondary application means that you have made the first cutoff. But people who don't make it through this first cutoff point were not going to be your competition anyways. They are most likely applicants with below average DAT scores and awfully low GPAs. So, their elimination doesn't have any affect on your admission. You true competition has just begun.
So, it's good that you can fill out the secondary application, but don't look at it as a guarantee for admission!!

Is it ok to go ahead and fill out and submit the secondary application even if your AADSAS app isn't complete (still waiting on a LOR and DAT scores)?