Secondary Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

millee3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if secondary applications are filled out online? Also, how soon do they usually ask for a secondary after applying to med school? I am curious because I might be study abroad (a program called semester at sea) and there is limited internet access. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For most of the schools I applied to, the secondaries were completely online. A few had me print it from their website or emailed it to me, and then I mailed it in.
About half of them invited me to complete the secondary as soon as I submitted my AMCAS, even before it was verified. Most of the rest invited me once it was verified.

it looks like i'd have internet, but i only get a certain amount of free internet and then it costs a ridiculous amount for extra minutes

Members don't see this ad :)
it looks like i'd have internet, but i only get a certain amount of free internet and then it costs a ridiculous amount for extra minutes

Yeah, but every aspect of applying to medical school costs a ridiculous amount, so internet shouldn't be the rate limiting factor :)

And to some extent, you can be smart about it. Back in the days of dial-up, people got really good about saving html to the disk and 'browsing offline'. At the very least, you can get the prompts, type them up in Word, and copy/paste to the application. And I'll bet you'll get pretty fast and typing out your name and address.