Secondary Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

James105

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on being out of the country in May and June. I will send in my primary as early as possible in June. But I want to make sure that I am back as soon as secondaries are being sent out. When are secondaries sent out for the early applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted on the 14th of June and got the first secondary July 1st.

I am planning on being out of the country in May and June. I will send in my primary as early as possible in June. But I want to make sure that I am back as soon as secondaries are being sent out. When are secondaries sent out for the early applicants?

You should never submit on a secondary date. At least that's what my dad always said.

I kid, I kid.

Are you going to Libya or something where you can't check your email?

I sent in my primary in June and started getting secondaries the next day. Some schools send them out even before your application has been verified. Just a suggestion: if you're super worried about it, you could find out what the prompts were from past years and start working on those essays. It's at your own risk though...they could change the prompts up. Doesn't really matter though, they won't look at you until the primary is verified.

The vast majority of secondaries are released starting in July. There are a couple of them that are released earlier, but those are the types you could probably fill out while half-conscious and without the use of your hands.