secondary deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kakashi74

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed some schools have a secondary deadline of Nov. 15. THeir website says they'll send out the invitations to complete the secondary after the amcas application is received. However, my AMCAS is still not verified and I haven't received the invite for the secondary. I know I submitted my amcas relatively late in the game but I still made the AMCAS deadline for the school. How can they expect us to complete the secondary by Nov. 15?? Was I doomed from the start? If the deadline is Oct. 15, don't med schools know it takes about 6 weeks to get verified? Or is the Oct. 15 deadline only for those who are already verified...?
Please help.

Note: i have received secondaries from some schools, but I still want to know what's going on with the other schools. It just seems like I wasted $30 for each school I applied to if I had no chance from the start.

Members don't see this ad.

Contact the schools you've applied to with a Nov. 15 secondary deadline. They will work with you.

I have 3 schools I'm worried about. Two schools said to go online and fill it out and get everything (LOR, certification, etc.) in before Nov. 15 and they will hold the stuff until they receive my verified AMCAS. And one school said they will give me a username/password and an extension of 1-week after my AMCAS verification date.

Check this thread for your scools links, and you may find some you can start filling out:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=301676&page=13

Ok i've contacted a couple of schools. Some will extend the deadline a few days after AMCAS is verified. Others like harvard just sent me the link to their website to fill out the secondary.

BUT I am still worried about 2 schools. USC said that the deadline is Dec. 1 and they won't extend the deadline even if AMCAS is not verified. Can anybody verify this?? I'm not sure if the person I talked to knew what she was talking about. She thought I missed the amcas deadline but I submitted it on Oct. 14th, I'm just not verified and I still may not be by dec. 1.

Secondly, does anybody know what the secondary deadline is for UCLA?
Do you think I should send my LOR's before I receive an invitation for the secondaries because I'm cutting it so close to the deadline?