Secondary Diversity Question Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldnelson02

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a bio major and have an accounting minor. I have also participated in several business consulting projects and have an internship at a healthcare company that I feel have given me unique experience and skills relative to other premeds. Would this, written more elegantly, of course, be a satisfactory topic for a diversity secondary?

I also am from a rural area and have interacted with mainly underserved, rural patients in my clinical and shadowing experiences, so I could also write about this. This seems to be a common "diversity" secondary answer, though, so not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I could combine the two?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Read

especially the DEI competencies for medical curricula, referenced in the article. Understand that being from a rural area is not that common, and "rural" is not monolithic.

Hi,

I'm a bio major and have an accounting minor. I have also participated in several business consulting projects and have an internship at a healthcare company that I feel have given me unique experience and skills relative to other premeds. Would this, written more elegantly, of course, be a satisfactory topic for a diversity secondary?

I also am from a rural area and have interacted with mainly underserved, rural patients in my clinical and shadowing experiences, so I could also write about this. This seems to be a common "diversity" secondary answer, though, so not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I could combine the two?

Thanks for the help!
Your clinical experience doesn't sound common or typical to me. IMO both experiences should be in your application. perhaps one can be a most meaningful experience and the other can be a response to the diversity essay.

I'd be inclined to go with the rural service to the underserved for the diversity essays, especially if you are from a more middle class background.

Reactions: 1 user