Secondary Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverpaw54

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im having trouble on why I would like to go to a certain DO school. Besides location, I can't really think of a reason why these schools can offer me the osteopathic education I might need. Do you guys know where I could look up information to certain DO schools? I'm applying to KCOM, PCOM, CCOM, and a few others. I'm just not sure of the specifics of each school. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Try going on the websites and reading the dean;s letter, mission statement, current research, etc. Just inform yourself a bit about the school. Sorry I can't help with the specifics, I;m in much the same boat. I just browse the website until I find something I can write about. I know there are some DO schools that focus on rural medicine, so if that's something you're interested in, you can talk about that. Or maybe about the elective class oppurtunities available? Or the facilities if there is something special about them. Just gotta go through their websites and try to talk with other students who go there, I suppose.