secondary essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hottie

Hottest Hottie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when answering secondary questions that ask about qualities I posses taht will make me a successful DO, should I tell anecdotes? how do I discuss this without being too forward or sounding arrogant? thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Best advice I can give is to be honest and talk about experiences you've had and how you think they've brought out qualities in you that you believe a good DO should possess. So, yeah, anecdotes are fine. Mostly, the admissions department just wants to get to know you as a person.

chiddy said:
Best advice I can give is to be honest and talk about experiences you've had and how you think they've brought out qualities in you that you believe a good DO should possess. So, yeah, anecdotes are fine. Mostly, the admissions department just wants to get to know you as a person.

ok, i will try that.

anymore advice out there?! :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
my advice is to hurry up...its getting late

DrMikeyLu said:
my advice is to hurry up...its getting late

ok. but i am applying for next year.

hottie said:
ok. but i am applying for next year.

WoW. Good Job! Guess you arent a procrastinator like me.

This is the best way to go. Don't get too complicated as the answer should be around 500 words unless they have a different limit. I was able to use my job as a Personal Trainer to tie in all the anecdotes/qualities.

chiddy said:

HunterGatherer said:
This is the best way to go. Don't get too complicated as the answer should be around 500 words unless they have a different limit. I was able to use my job as a Personal Trainer to tie in all the anecdotes/qualities.

wow. could you give me an example on how i oculd discuss a quality using an anecdote. thanks

1)I'm a waiter
2)doctors need good interpersonal skills
3)explain how you managed busboys, followed instruction from coworkers /managers, waiter-customer relationship=patient doctor relationship on a level of communication,etc.

you could do this with any job, activity(club/volunteer),family,etc. I wanted to address a number of points and this was the easiest way.

hottie said:
wow. could you give me an example on how i oculd discuss a quality using an anecdote. thanks