Secondary Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

encephalon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a re-applicant and I was wondering what people thought on using the same secondary essays with minor changes. Some questions on secondaries are pretty specific and I feel that some of my answers should stay the same.. but I'm not sure how admissions committees would feel about reading the same thing. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why use secondary essays that were unsuccessful the first time? I say redo them especially if you are applying to some of the same schools you did before.

-cj8

Thanks! What do you think about secondaries that got you an interview? I was waitlisted last year and I'm applying to the same school.. not sure if that's going to go well or not

Hmm that's a tougher decision but what I would do is rewrite some with the same content and try to give them something new at the same time. You want to try to bring to their attention any growth that has happened since the last application cycle and not highlighting that growth will make you and your applicant seem stagnant.

-cj8