Secondary invite/rejection from the same school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I received my secondary application invite last night, but before I could open it and access the portal, I received another email earlier today rejecting me. Can this be a mistake? I am still able to access the secondary application portal.

"Our Admissions Committee has concluded its evaluation of your application to the UCR School of Medicine. Unfortunately, we are unable to take further action on your application.

We had an unprecedented number of applications this admissions cycle. Many of the 6000+ applicants to our program this year were found to be exceptionally well qualified for medical school and to demonstrate promise as outstanding future physicians. With 75+ applications for each seat in our class, the committee had to make many difficult choices and turn away a large number of superb candidates.

Regrettably, we cannot provide information on the committee's rationale for its decision or offer suggestions for strengthening your application. The health professions advisor at your undergraduate campus is qualified to review your application and provide specific recommendations."

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
One of these was in error. I think it would be reasonable to reach out to the admissions office and ask for clarification on the status of your application since you received two conflicting emails in 24 hours. Clerical errors are certainly possible.

Reactions: 4 users
On the upside, they saved you a hundred bucks.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)