Secondary Question "Research Experience"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lost Nomad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out secondaries and some of the schools want me to "list all research experience". I was a part of a research lab for about a year and half, but I did not list it on my AACOMAS primary application because I did not receive any publications and I was basically a slave for a professor (I hated it). Should I still list it?

Members don't see this ad.

Any research is likely better than none. Try to put a positive spin on it though, don't say you hated it.

I am filling out secondaries and some of the schools want me to "list all research experience". I was a part of a research lab for about a year and half, but I did not list it on my AACOMAS primary application because I did not receive any publications and I was basically a slave for a professor (I hated it). Should I still list it?

You could have def put your research experience on your primary even if you did not get any pubs from it. That type of inconsistency will be odd to some screeners since you talk about it in your secondary but its listed no where in your primary.

Even if you hated it, you can discuss it in a positive light as @kamakazi5 said. Speak about the things you learn and be honest, you can say that you didn't enjoy it that much but you gained a lot of skills from it. Talk about the goals of the lab and what the aims where of the project you were assisting with.