Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kas3d

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was verified by AMCAS about a week ago, and I haven't heard from any of the schools that I applied to about sending in a secondary. I thought that for most of the schools that I applied to this was automatic, so I was just wondering how long it usually takes for the schools to contact applicants about secondaries.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I was verified by AMCAS about a week ago, and I haven't heard from any of the schools that I applied to about sending in a secondary. I thought that for most of the schools that I applied to this was automatic, so I was just wondering how long it usually takes for the schools to contact applicants about secondaries.

Thanks!!

AMCAS is going to release their first set of applications on June 24th, so don't sweat it... yet

Does that mean that it doesn't matter if I send in my application today or tomorrow? Either way I'll be in the first wave? Or does it take some time to be verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does that mean that it doesn't matter if I send in my application today or tomorrow? Either way I'll be in the first wave? Or does it take some time to be verified?

Takes time to get verified, and it varies drastically. I know people that got verified a few hours after submission, while others took weeks. But if your app gets verified by the 24th, then your app will be submitted at the same time as people who submitted June 4th. No way to predict it.

OP, if you still want to get a headstart, there are a lot of secondaries out there that are already available, for example, WashU, Columbia, Hopkins, etc. These schools will accept your secondary submission now, and then match it up with your primary file later on when it gets verified and sent. Good luck!

Just to avoid making a new thread...anyone know when is AMCAS going to release their 2nd set of apps?

Just to avoid making a new thread...anyone know when is AMCAS going to release their 2nd set of apps?

They aren't sent out in "batches". All apps that have already been submitted and verified will be sent out at the same time on June 24th. After that date, apps are processed in real time. In other words, when you submit it, it is verified and when that is complete, they transmit it to your schools without delay.

Ahhh, okay. Thanks!